🍁Chapter:25🍁

🍁Chapter:25🍁

Aryan's Pov

Tiny droplets fell against the surface of the glass. They smoothly glided and joined the previous ones, tip-tap, tap-tap. Isha's hand on my face shook.

Tap.

She caressed my skin, I refused to meet her eyes. 

Tip.

Sagar yelled from where he was. 

Tap.

Isha sighed; my father reprimanded him though his actions were absolutely right. They did not know, and none knew why he had hit me. 

Tip.

"Aryan? What happened?" my wife's worry made a return, my eyes yet still looked to the front. 

Where did the birds go when it rained? What saved them? Did their tiny nests do enough to guard them? "Aryan...please look at me." when she begged I could no longer refute, like a sinner I slowly raised my eyes, watched as she shed tears for my wounds, watched as her hands trembled with the fear of hurting me.

How could I not tremble when I hurt her?

How could I do it? Drunk or not it did not matter...was this what lay beneath my skin? A sinful bastard? Selfish and cowardly? Insecure and foolish?

She turned away from me and my heart leapt in my chest. No! just her turning away from my line of sight had me lurching to make her face me again. What would I do when she left altogether? It was just a matter of time, one day she would know. 

I have done exactly what my mind warned me against. I have given her a reason. My empty eyes stared at her shedding tears silently at my pain. 

"Wh-Why would he do this?!" She hissed and blew on my wounds, I watched her, ashamed to be getting the chance to look at her freely. After what I had done, I deserved not an ounce of her presence yet here she was worrying for me, unaware of how truly undeserving I was of her. 

Her eyes suddenly widened, my heart stopped beating...did she hear any of it...? I stayed rooted in my spot when stalked near me, black eyes drowning in worry, her hand raised and I flinched a little, my scared heart only relaxed when she laid her hand on my face to wipe the tears I had been unknowingly shedding. 

Love, Trust, Loyalty, Character, Honor, Promise, My Vows.

I have killed them. 

My innocent wife worried even more when I suddenly wept at her touch. She hurriedly wiped away my tears but little did she know--they would never stop. I do not deserve to forgive myself. I do not deserve to weep after what I did but here I was! Cowardly hiding behind her veil, holding onto her tightly even when I knew it was impossible to stop her. 

When she whimpered, I held myself back from begging at her feet. 

No! No more pain. I cannot give her more pain now. 

I then tried hard to stop my persistent tears for the first time. She was getting worried, I did not want her to shed tears for me, knowing her, I understood she was seconds away from crying with me. Such was her character. A genuinely soft-hearted person. I took in deep breaths and flashed at her a fictitious smile. Her worry lifted a little, I saw it in her eyes. 

"Sagar did not hold back! I am crying out of pain, ouch!" She heaved a sigh of relief and turned back around to get some more cotton, my fake smile slowly dropped but I got it back just as she turned to look at me again.