🍁Chapter:13🍁

🍁Chapter:13🍁

They walked together, sometimes in comfortable silence, sometimes talking about random things. The light patter of raindrops on their umbrellas was a peaceful anecdote, Aryan had to admit-taking time out of a busy schedule to enjoy simple things like a walk in the rain was a brilliant idea.

He had walked before, but it was always to reach his destination on time. Or maybe it was Isha's presence beside him that made this unique. Aryan had always found rain burdensome, mud on shoes was never something he liked but for Isha to feel content for the first time in months, he prayed for rains to be more frequent.

He had never seen peace on that gorgeous face in the times they had spent together. There was always an underlining burden of some sort as if his presence itself had made things excruciatingly difficult for her. It was part of the reason why he left her alone so much, he felt as if she hated him near. He always thought she blamed him for not warning her about Virat.

What he could never understand was Isha's pain at being near him. Where he thought Isha hated him, what Isha hated more than anything else was herself. She despised herself for rejecting Aryan but her heart could never trust any kindness any longer. It gave her a whiplash, she did not want him near yet she did not want to be left alone. 

But in the past few weeks, she had grown tired of being upset. Sadness never felt right with her, it suffocated her and that was the reason why she tolerated being overworked in the house. Isha did not want to sit alone with her thoughts, at least, working herself to death had paid off in keeping her from hurting herself even more.

What Nidhi did, what Virat did, what her father did, and what she had to endure in Aryan's home had left her feeling unwanted. Isha wanted to disappear, there was nothing happy in her life and she did not think anything would ever improve. It was only a matter of time before Aryan, who married her out of humanity, grew tired of waiting. Aryan did not deserve an unhappy marriage. She would understand if one day he decided to leave her too.

Heck who could ever love a person like her?

'There's nothing that can possibly love people like you.'

'It is true,' she simply shrugged and carried on with her wounded heart. Just as she always did.

But this time as she walked together with Aryan, all she felt was peace. She had not been lying when she said Aryan's presence kept the demons away. While she did not feel for him yet, she could not deny...having someone just hold her...it soothed so much pain in her heart. After so long, she experienced again what it felt like to breathe without a heavy feeling in one's gut.

Aryan did give the best hugs and Isha was afraid she would get addicted.

Attachment...was scary. 

"What do you like about rain?" asked Aryan when he realized she was spiraling down the same road of self-hate. She was grateful for the distraction even if she hid it, she wondered but the answer was almost on her tongue.

'It feels as though the sky is crying with me,' was the original answer but she went with the rather generic one, "I like the smell of rain." it was true though, she had always liked the way it smelled after rain. The smell of the soil was endearing to her.

"Yes, it is very calming." she smiled a little but then paused at how effortlessly she did it. Did she deserve to smile after everything she had done? No, she did not deserve it.

A person as blind as she had been deserved to feel pain. She had been borderline stupid with Virat, made too many sacrifices, bent over backward for him and he snapped her spirit in half the first chance he got.