🍁Chapter:04🍁

🍁Chapter:04🍁

Aryan was bothering her. In simple words, she was mildly irritated by him. he was getting late for the office and so was he, yet here he was, following her wherever she went and telling her to sit down. 

"Isha your back hurts why are you doing this?"

"Aryan I am okay now you can stop following me!" she insisted but he was adamant, she slipped from the stairs yesterday and while she hadn't been injured, her back ached in that one spot she'd gotten hit. Since then everyone was busy telling her to sit down and visit the doctor...she felt fine! Her back did not hurt enough for her to call in sick leave. She was adamant but so was Aryan.

"Don't lift that what are you doing?!" he raised his voice in surprise and it shocked her because he never raises his voice but then she explained equally exasperated, "I am not lifting it I am sliding it over there," he sighed and took the flower pot from her hands and slid it where she wanted it to be, Isha bit back a sigh of annoyance. At this rate, Aryan would duct-tape her to the bed. 

Behind them, everybody was watching them with utmost interest, Anaira leaned toward Karan and spoke, "This feels like an Indian Tv serial, " Karan snorted and replied, "Have you seen yourself and Karthik? It's worse than this," Anaira made a 'really?' expression and looked back at the two still bothering each other. Karan leaned closer and whispered, "So when is Karthik coming here?", without thinking much Anaira replied, "10:30 pm--wait, how did you know?".

Her older brother snickered and replied, "Darling, have you seen the man around you?" Anaira reddened and cleared her throat, Karan and beside him, Sagar smirked and then leaned near her ears and then did,

"Meriiii Jaaaannn~", Anaira backhanded them immediately and blushed even further.

Before she could smack them again they all heard some more commotion from ahead, "Isha why strain yourself?", 

"I am not straining myself, Aryan! We are getting late," she tried moving past him but he blocked her again, and this time even if involuntarily, Isha rolled her eyes. The three siblings whistled in unison at the unexpected but welcomed action. " Okay, what do you want?", Aryan copied the stance and crossed his arms, "Take a leave."Isha shook her head and defied the order, "I have important things to do,"

"Half day?" Said Aryan.

"No, but if you let me go now I will willingly go to the doctor." Isha offered Aryan as he took in a deep breath and pondered over his options, "Promise you will call me if you feel unwell?" with soft eyes and a warm heart she promised she would and he finally let her go.

Except, a week passed and nothing changed, her back ached even more and it was becoming harder to focus on her work. Even when she took the prescribed medicines, they did little to nothing when it came to the pain. 

Although she decided not to bother Aryan, he was not blind to her discomfort. So when they sat in the living room with Anaira and Karthik fighting over something, she almost did not notice Aryan's worried expression. 

"All I am saying is that every marriage is different!" Karthik said in exasperation.

"Other husbands give their wives gifts, you only give me glares and lectures!" Anaira threw a pillow at him which he dodged.

"Why do I even bother explaining things to you?" she cried.

Karthik nodded, "I know right? Arguing with a fool just makes it two." Anaira cried even harder at that and stormed out of the room, Karthik sighed heavily but swiftly went after her. This gave Aryan the opportunity to approach Isha who sat clutching her back tightly, her lips wobbled with the effort to not show her pain but as soon as he approached her, the dam of her patience broke and her tears stained her cheeks.