🍁Chapter:14 (Part II) 🍁

🍁Chapter:14 (Part II)🍁

Isha's PoV 

I just finished folding my clothes when I heard Mummy call out to me from her room. I sighed in exhaustion and silently heeded her call. I was ready to call it a day and sleep for an eternity. It seemed as if the two women in the house loved to hate each other.

When it became glaringly clear that Maya was supposed to stay the night--Mummy's entire demeanor became colder if that way even possible. Sagar had tried to offer Ani's empty room to Maya but oh my...my mother-in-law would rather have the lady sleep outside the house than inside her daughter's room.

It was then I decided to intervene, of course, I consulted Aryan first and when he was okay with it, I offered to share rooms with Maya for a night while Aryan would share with Sagar. At my insistence, my MIL finally allowed her to stay.

But God Lord these two women hated each other.

And I did get the chance to ask Karan why. 

He had simply told me...

"Bhabhi usko hamme se kisi ki parwa nahi hai," (Bhabhi, she does not care about anyone of us). I was confused because I knew Sagar would not choose a woman if she was not caring at all. Sagar always thought deeper than any of the three brothers, that, I knew.

Where it was hard for Aryan to display his emotions, it was impossible for Karan to navigate his. But Sagar always seemed aware of what he wanted.

One look at my face and Karan continued, "But--", I tilted my head when he exhaled loudly as if annoyed, "Bhai pe jaan chidakti hai, agar usko bhai ke liye marna pada na, toh woh mar jayegi." My eyes widened in surprise, for how stoic she looked, she seemed to have a heart full of love for Sagar. It was a good thing, to have someone love you wholeheartedly. (She loves Sagar wholeheartedly, if she had to die for him, she would die for him happily."

"Bas isilye sab usko jhelte hai," (That is why everybody just tolerates her) My eyes furrowed and lips puckered, it seemed to me as if this hatred just didn't stem from whatever Maya did alone. If anything, I wanted to understand why would these same people who accepted me--hate someone the way they hated Maya.

"Is she like Seema?" I blurted out before I could really ponder over my question and Karan almost choked on his lemonade and then he gulped, "I--No she's not exactly thaaat bad?" it seemed as though my question made him rethink about his dislike towards Maya. 

I shrugged and moved towards my room.

"Ishu?" I snapped out of my thoughts and sat down on the bed where mummy patted the bed, I was so exhausted and my back had started aching yet again. But it seemed to me as if work would just never end.

"Ji? Ma? Ye--" She suddenly handed me a few jewelry sets and my eyes popped out, I turned to her in confusion, and when she laughed, she turned around and dropped a few heavy embroidery sarees in my lap. Safe to say my jaw no longer remained off the floor. "Mumma? Ye sab kya--"

"This is all I should have given you at your wedding, betu." I shook my head, I barely cared for stuff like that, I wouldn't even wear it-

"Before you tell me no, I am telling you, I cannot take these back."I opened my mouth and heaved a heavy sigh, her eyes weld up with tears when she looked back at my lap. "I really wanted to choose my Aryan's bride, dance at his wedding, give all these things to his would be." My hand stopped trying to push them away from my lap as understanding set in. For a mother who loved her eldest the way she did...not attending...or even knowing her sons' bride was too huge a sacrifice she had to make.