Chapter 40

Chapter 40

    Early the next morning, when Lin Nuan opened his eyes and woke up, he found that he was pillowed on Pei Xu's lap, and Pei Xu was sitting on the sofa, with his head leaning on the backrest and his eyes slightly closed.

    Lin Nuan looked at Pei Xu, and at this moment, her mind recalled what Pei Xu said to her last night -

    'I will protect you and never let anyone hurt you again. ' It's

    like a dream, the person who hated her to the end in the previous life, in this life, actually said that he wanted to protect her.

    Lin Nuan couldn't believe it, but since last night, Pei Xu has been guarding her side, guarding her all night.

    Lin Nuan stretched out her hand, wanting to touch Pei Xu's face that seemed to come out of a cartoon, but Pei Xu opened his eyes at this moment, just like the one in Japan.

    Lin Nuan withdrew her hand, her cheeks were slightly hot. She looked at Pei Xu, and said with a somewhat unnatural gaze, "You're awake."

    "Yeah." Pei Xu responded, but her gaze remained fixed on Lin Nuan.

    His eyes were scorching hot, and Lin Nuan's cheeks became even hotter. She sat up from Pei Xu, then looked at him and said, "Thank you last night."

    Pei Xu didn't need Lin Nuan's thanks, he was willing to accompany her and guard her when she was sad. He sat up from the sofa, looked at Lin Nuan and said, "No need."

    Lin Nuan was a little moved, she looked at Pei Xu, and suddenly remembered what she said to Pei Xu that night, she felt guilty for a moment, and her eyes darkened. down. She looked at Pei Xu: "What happened that night, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said those things to you."

    "It doesn't matter." Pei Xu said. He never blamed Lin Nuan, nor did he want her to have any burdens.

    Lin Nuan smiled: "I'll go back first."

    "I'll see you off." As soon as she finished speaking, Pei Xu immediately looked at her and said.

    "No need." Lin Nuan quickly refused, "You've already been with me all night, you should go back and rest early."

    Originally, she just didn't want to trouble Pei Xu too much, but Pei Xu said, "I don't worry about you going back alone."

    Lin Nuan was stunned for a moment, but before she could react, Pei Xu walked up to him and said, "Let's go." It

    's impossible to refuse, Pei Xu's nature is still very clear to Green Nuan, once he has made up his mind, it is impossible to change easily.

    She could only look at Pei Xu and nodded, then walked out with her.

    The weather at the end of February was still a bit cold. As soon as Pei Xu and Lin Nuan walked out of the clubhouse, a gust of cold wind hit their faces.

    Lin Nuan was wearing a white haute couture dress, and a yellow woolen coat on the outside, her fair and slender neck was all exposed. Pei Xu was afraid that she would be cold, so he untied his scarf and wrapped it around her.

    Lin Nuan: "I'm not cold."

    "Let's stand around." Pei Xu said.

    Lin Nuan still wanted to refuse, but Pei Xu had already reached out and stopped a car. "Get in the car." He looked at her and said.

    Lin Nuan nodded, and then she got into the car with Pei Xu.

    Half an hour later, the car stopped in front of Lin Nuan's house, and Pei Xu got out of the car with Lin Nuan.