Chapter 42

Chapter 42

    When Lin Nuan walked out of the shop with the repaired hairpin in hand, the cell phone rang just in time. A long series of numbers jumped on the display screen, but Lin Nuan was very familiar with this number.

    Her gaze darkened at this moment, and after hesitating for a while, Lin Nuan still answered the phone. Sure enough, a familiar voice came from the other end of the phone at this moment—

    "It's me, Lu Yicheng."

    Lin Nuan really wanted to say that I knew that she had called this number countless nights in her previous life, but the other party didn't answer it. . After tearing off the last layer of camouflage mask, Lu Yicheng only hated her. He was even so stingy that he didn't want to answer a phone call.

    Lin Nuan looked ahead dimly: "What do you want?" The other end of

    the phone: "Are you free now? I'll wait for you at the Shangdao coffee shop on Jinjiang Road."

    Lin Nuan didn't want to go, but there For a moment, she thought of Pei Xu's words: "Escaping won't solve any problems." Holding the phone, she said to Lu Yicheng on the other end of the line, "I see, I'm coming here now."

    Lin Nuan hung up the phone and walked to the car.

    When Lin Nuan arrived at the coffee shop Lu Yicheng mentioned, Lu Yicheng was sitting by the window and waiting for her. He was wearing a white coat, with his face facing out the window, and he looked elegant, like a prince in a cartoon.

    But Lin Nuan would never be moved by him again. She will never abandon her family for such a person again. She walked in front of Lu Yicheng, looked at him and asked, "You came here for something?"

    Lu Yicheng turned his head, he glanced at Lin Nuan, and said expressionlessly, "Sit down first."

    Lin Nuan took a deep breath, and then sat down in front of Lu Yicheng.

    At this time, the waiter brought two cups of coffee, one for Lin Nuan and one for Lu Yicheng.

    Lu Yicheng gently stirred the coffee in front of him with a spoon: "I heard that you were the one who took me to the hospital that day and took care of me for a whole night. Should I say thank you to you?" Although there was nothing on his face, The expression, but the eyes are extremely cold.

    Lin Nuan: "No need." She didn't need Lu Yicheng's thanks. It was already unclear who owed whom between her and Lu Yicheng, but the only thing that was certain was that she didn't want to have anything to do with Lu Yicheng anymore.

    "Really?" Lu Yicheng looked at her, "You seem to hate me."

    Lin Nuan didn't answer, but just looked at him and asked, "Is that why you came to me to tell me these things?"

    Lu Yicheng didn't say anything, Just look at her.

    "If you have nothing else to do..." Before Lin Nuan finished speaking, Lu Yicheng preemptively said—

    "Do you want to hear a story? It's about your father."

    Lin Nuan's gaze tightened, and she suddenly remembered her previous life. Lu Yicheng asked her the same way. At that time, she couldn't believe his words at all. She couldn't believe that her father really did such a thing more than 20 years ago. But today, she looked at Lu Yicheng and said -

    "If you want to talk about what happened twenty years ago, then I'm sorry, I don't want to hear it." She didn't want to hear it, and she didn't want to hear what was right and wrong twenty years ago. Her father was wrong, but she had already paid off this sin in her previous life. In this life, she just wants to protect her family.