Chapter 6

Hanni's pov:

During lunch with my parents Y/n seemed different. She kept smiling for some reasons. Which hoe caused her to smile now? Did she received naked pictures of anyone?

"So Y/n, for real though, what are you gonna do with your studies?" Mom asked Y/n.

"Hm, I'm gonna continue at the University, even if I stop loving arts, I'll stay to take care of Hanni." She replied with a smile.

Now that's when I choked on my drink.

"What? Don't you dare stay somewhere you don't wanna stay because of me!" I stated seriously.

Even though I know she won't get bored of art, the thought of her sacrificing her youth to stay somewhere she doesn't like with me is a major problem to me.

"Han, you know I'm not getting tired of what I'm studying anyway!" Y/n replied and drank some water.

"Y/n, look at me, this isn't you. To do art, for some reasons you need to take math classes, you hate math!" I said confused.

"I do, but a passion is a passion." She replied with a smile and squeezed my thigh.

"Are you girls still planning to do that concert with the others?" Dad asked.

"Now that I think about it, it's probably better if we take some time to practice and write some new music before facing the crowd." I replied honestly.

Y/n and Danielle write our lyrics but I could always tell, it was rough for both of them to use their little brain so much.

Not to mention, half of Danielle's lyrics are about break-ups and half of Y/n's lyrics about toxic relationships when she's never had a relationship.

I feel like sometimes Hyein is right. Our music is too painful, too depressing, that the only people who recognize our talent are drunk idiots from the bar of our campus at nights who caught their girlfriends cheating.

"Y/n, I was thinking, why don't you teach me how to write lyrics?" I asked her.

"Sure thing." She immediately replied.

Then she got up and excused herself, got up and bid us goodbye. She doesn't really want to study but I guess, if she doesn't wanna spend the next 20 years at the same stage, she needs to learn how to do math.

"Goodbye mom, dad." She smiled at my parents and then came to me.

She gave me a warm hug followed by a kiss on the forehead.

"See you, tomorrow, we'll practice something without you." She said and left.

I was speechless. She has never kissed my forehead. I remember her saying "If I ever kiss your forehead, it means I'm either quitting being a hoe, or I'm getting over my parents' death."

Damn you Y/n, what's going on.

Y/N's pov:

After visiting Hanni, I had the sudden urge to study math. The fact that she always called me a brainless dumbfuck stopped affecting me.

I don't know why, but I feel more energetic. To the point I wanna write a song which isn't about toxicity.

The others would love something different, right?

I finished doing my math homework and then sat on my working desk, to write some lyrics. The struggle with math was real. Boy, I'm afraid I'll never actually graduate.

I sat on my chair and opened my laptop. Soon, I had already wrapped up a whole song.

(Song title is "The Shade" y'all)

I was closin' all the blinds just so you could sleep the night through
I was stayin' by your side just so I knew you were okay
Then I was openin' the door just to see if you would walk through
I started paintin' all the walls just to see if you liked the shade
I would love just to be stuck to your side
Not with anybody else, anybody else
It's enough just to keep us occupied
Please don't go
I would love just to be stuck to your side
Not with anybody else, anybody else, no
It's enough just to keep us occupied
Please don't go
You were holdin' out your hands, hopin' I'd be there to hold to
I went out to Amsterdam just so I could give you some space
But I kept openin' my door just to see if you would walk through
But now I'm paintin' all my walls just to see if you like the shade
I would love just to be stuck to your side
Not with anybody else, anybody else
It's enough just to keep us occupied
Please don't go
I would love just to be stuck to your side
Not with anybody else, anybody else, no
It's enough just to keep us occupied
Please don't go
Not with anybody else, anybody else
Please don't go
Not with anybody else, anybody else, no
Please don't go

(Credits to Rex Orange Country)

I took out my phone and took a picture, then quickly sent it to our groupchat.

Y/n

What do y'all think about this?

Minjibear

How the f did you write this?

Frogface

Is that even Y/n?

Hyeinie

Y'all she's falling in love.

Dani

A whole ass bop

Seeing their messages made me smile. It makes me happy that they are pleasantly surprised. I'm not used to this.

Hanni's pov:

My phone was blowing up again. Did Haerin eat cat food again? We've told her many times already, she's not a cat, she's just paranoid. Simple.

Oh? Y/n attached a picture. Oh sweet lord, she wrote a whole song in 4 hours.

It's been like 5 hours since she left my house and she said she wrote those in 4. Rest in peace math homework.

I quickly took a look on the lyrics and I was pleasantly surprised. She wrote those lyrics? Guess wonders do happen.

Hell, I'm tired of reading the same things again and again. My assignments are all about unsolved cases.

I went down to the kitchen to get a glass of water and then I'll go to sleep.

"Oh my daughter. Fancy seeing you not studying." My father said while making some kimchi in the kitchen.

I love kimchi, but this smell might kill me someday.

"Ha ha ha, funny. It's admirable how every parent wants their child to be a doctor or a lawyer but you would prefer me to do something similar to Y/n." I pointed out.

My parents have always had a weird obsession with me and Y/n working together.

"Yeah! I've always loved art, I've also always loved Y/n, so why not?" He replied and tasted a bit of the sauce he made for the cabbage.

"Well, you should get that out of your head, I'm becoming a lawyer." I said and drank the water I poured.

I went to my room and texted Y/n.

Hanni

How did you write this song?!

Y/n♡

Don't know... Go to sleep, it's late and you're sick. See you when I see you<3.

And with that, I fell asleep.