Chapter 10

Hanni's pov:

After the movie marathon with Y/n, we both fell asleep.

I hadn't realized anything until I woke up.

For the whole night I had been hugging Y/N's waist. It's not the first time this happens but the problem is something else.

I liked it. I liked the way we were just there, in silence sleeping like that.

When I got up from her bed she was still sleeping.

I took a moment to admire her features once again. Like it's something I haven't been doing since we were born.

If our parents were not best friends, I wouldn't have met her. And this has me thinking.

Does she really keep up with me, my energy, my habits, my mood swings and everything because she wants that or is she just here in favor of our parents friendship?

You could say, "but her parents are dead, she could leave whenever." No, her parents wanted us to stay friends forever.

So, what if she just wants to fulfill her parents wishes?

Suddenly I felt the urge to wake her up. "Y/n", "Y/n wake up." I kept nagging her.

"Hanni? Is everything okay?" She rubbed her eyes quickly and looked at me sleepishly.

"No, it's not okay." I said and got under the cover again to hug her.

"What happened?" She asked softly and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Don't leave me Y/n..." I hadn't noticed I was crying.

"W- what are you talking about?" She asked worried and cupped my cheek to lift my face.

Her eyes were staring straight at my soul. But anyone could see she was genuinely worried.

"My insecurities striked again Y/n..." I said and wiped the few tears that were rolling down my cheeks.

"I'll never leave you PhamPham, don't worry about a thing." She said and pulled me for a cuddle.

"God, stop calling me that nickname, I feel like a kid." I rolled my eyes and lightly punched her arm. (Hanni has a thing for Y/N's arms fr)

"Never!" She replied with a chuckle.

Flashback...

3rd person's pov:

"Hey Y/n, I heard how your mom was calling you!" 12 year old and mischievous Hanni told Y/n with her usual small smirk.

"Noo, I always get embarrassed when she calls me Y/n/n." Y/n pouted.

"I really wanna find a nickname for you." Hanni added.

"Just don't include my last name. Jeon sounds weird."

"But you always say my last name!" Hanni got defensive.

"It sounds so cute! Listen, listen." Y/n said and took a breath before continuing.

"... Pham... Pham..." She said two times to emphasize the sound.

"Oh my gosh! PhamPham!" She added with an excited face.

"No! Don't call me that!" Hanni replied with a sharp tone.

"Watch me!" Y/n and run downstairs, where their parents were to tell them about what she thought of...

Now...

Y/N's pov:

We both laughed at the memory Hanni remembered.

"It's been 6 years, you still haven't managed to stop me! You secretly like it!" I smirked and got the pan.

Oh yeah, we're making pancakes.

"We should put strawberries on top!" Hanni smiled.

I'm so happy she smiles again. After my parents'death, she comforted me but I caught her crying about me. She was afraid that our friendship was a lie.

Of course it wasn't. She's the absolute best.

"Sure! And banana slices! I love them as much as you love strawberries!" I said and flipped the pancake while Hanni was making more mixture.

"Y/n! Your phone!" She noticed my phone next to me.

"Can you look after the pancakes as I take the call?" I asked her and she just nodded.

I went to my room while my phone was still ringing and finally took the call.

"Y/N speaking." I said formally.

"Y/n? It's Jimin. Yoo Jimin." The other line spoke.

Oh yeah, I cancelled on her yesterday. Shame, she's pretty.

"Oh hey, I'm sorry for yesterday. Uh something came up." I apologized without mentioning Hanni.

"No problem, that's why I called you... Today, are you free?" She asked and I thought for some seconds.

"Yeah I'm free in the afternoon, I think?" I replied but it still sounded questionable.

"Oh? It's a question. When you know if you're free or not, call me." She replied.

"I will, talk to you later Jimin." I exclaimed and hung up.

I went back to the kitchen to find Hanni sitting on the table with her phone. The pancakes visibly ready.

"What took you so long?" She took her eyes off the phone to face me.

"Oh nothing, just Jimin. She wanted to ask if I'm free today." I said and sat on the table.

Suddenly, her fork left her hand and dropped on her plate.

"H-huh? Everything alright? Do you feel dizzy or something?" I asked concerned.

"No, it's nothing. What did you respond?" She looked at me with a side eye while cutting her pancake in half.

"I don't think we have plans for today, so I said I didn't know for sure, but I'd probably be free." I crossed my arms. It's a habit of mine to do that when I'm sitting on the table.

"I do have plans, they don't include you though." She then replied almost irritated. Ouch. Harsh?

I chuckled bitterly "should I be jealous or something? Why are you stating it like that?"

"Make you jealous? No Y/n, just telling you that I have plans... You can go with Jimin." She ate a bite and got up from the table.

"Okay...? Who do you have plans anyway?" I rolled my eyes at her behavior.

"Sullyoon." She shortly replied and wore her shoes, then took her bag.

"Oh, her. You know it's kinda rude, we made so much food for you to storm out for no reason." I tapped my foot on the floor in a fast pace, annoyed.

"Your abs will survive." She said ironically.

"Goodbye Y/n, see you." She didn't even wait for my response, she just left.

Author: Hanni girl, slow down.