Chapter 16

Danielle's pov:

I kept trying to think why Y/n is like that. It takes me back when we were together. She kept trying to ignore how Hanni was going on dates and stuff.

Wait... Is she in love with her best friend? Damn, that hurt.

"Dani... I know you... You probably think that I didn't love you then right now but I swear to God I did love you." She whispered lowly while looking at me.

"I know that Y/n. But please tell me... Have you even been in love with Hanni?" I need an honest answer.

I may still be healing after our breakup, but I still love her either way. Doesn't matter if she wants to be my friend or lover.

Because I know that I'd go back to her in a breath if she asked me.

"No, I've never been in love with her." She replied.

Not gonna lie, her answer made me feel better about myself but I knew she was lying to herself.

I'm not the one to tell her something about it though. She needs to make her brain work.

"Okay." I tried to ease the tension in the air.

"Hey, I know this might seem awkward still but just you know you're one of the most important people in my life." Y/n said and cupped my face.

She was my first love... The person all the songs I write are about but never told anyone.

"Y/n, please tell Hanni about everything when you feel ready. I know deep down you feel as guilty as I do." I told her with honesty.

"I will, I don't wanna disturb you, I'm gonna return home." She said and got up from my bed but I stopped her.

"No, stay here, I know your anger issues, I don't want you to do anything dangerous because of them." I said and grabbed her hand.

And she did stay, we decided to make some hot chocolate and watch a movie after she gave me some time to study.

"It's your birthday in 2 months Y/n!" I told her excitedly.

"Yeah, in two months not now."  She laughed at the remark.

"Aren't you happy? Growing up means more things to discover!"

"No, growing up means less chances of making your dreams come true." She explained with a scoff.

"Hm, what are you planning to do?" I asked her.

"I don't have a plan but, I really want to fall in love again and keep up with both art and music." She said nonchalantly.

"Oh that's pretty realistic." I exclaimed.

"It's not. I'm not falling in love." She said and drank her hot choco.

"It is, you will. Maybe you just need to wait. Your soulmate might even be someone very close to you, but you don't wanna face your feelings." I told her hinting that her soulmate could be even Hanni.

"What's with this love talk anyway? I'm kinda sleepy." She tensed up and put herself under the covers.

I just giggled, "okay, let's sleep. We have to get up early tomorrow."

In the morning...

"Yah, wake up." I kept trying to wake Y/n up but she wasn't even close to leaving the bed.

She must have been really tired.
"Y/n, if you wake I'll buy you a sandwich in the canteen."

Then suddenly, she got up.

"Good morning Marsh." She sleepishly said.

Y/N's pov:

We didn't have time, we got ready and took the bus to the uni. When we arrived the girls were all together but some of them seemed shook.

Especially Minji and Hanni. Haerin was spaced out, probably thinking about frogs. Hyein was asleep but awake.

"Y- you came here together?" Minji asked with wide eyes.

"Yeah, Minji come here." Danielle signalled Minji to come with her.

They went behind the tree to talk about something I guess.

Minji's pov:

"Tell me you didn't do something you'll regret." I said when Danielle pulled me aside.

"Don't worry, yesterday something happened, but I can't tell you. Anyway we just talked and she slept over at mine. No need to freak out." She explained.

Apparently, I was only person who knew what had happened between Y/n and Danielle. I once caught Dani staring at pictures of them kissing.

"At least you guys are still friends, it would be a shame after 3 years." I sighed.

"Come on, let's go back, we'll need to go to classes anyway." She said and started walking before I grabbed her hand.

"No wait, I wanna go to the canteen and get banana milk." I replied and she rolled her eyes before following me.

Meanwhile...

Hanni's pov:

She came here with Dani? Odd. I didn't think much of it, the only thing I wanted was to ask her about that box I found in the morning.

"Hey there, ready for soccer practice today?" I teased her and touched her arm.

"Yeah. Ready." She said with a faint smile and looked down.

"Can we talk after our classes? Approximately we'll be finished in 5 hours." I asked her, hoping for a positive answer.

These days we haven't been talking. And if we did, it was either bickering or some moments of peace.

"Sure, did anything happen?" She asked me and got her backpack to go for her class.

"Yeah actually, something did happen yesterday. I wanna tell you about it." I was kind of nervous to talk about Sullyoon with her.

I guess the topic creates a gap between us.

"Oh?" She just questioned.

"Also... Thank you for the painting stuff, it's very thoughtful of you. But when did you come over?" I asked her and we started walking in the building.

"Well, yesterday, I left it there." She replied.

We reached her class, which was closer to mine so I was the one to drop her off for once.

"See you later Y/n." I smiled and kissed her cheek goodbye before running away.

Author: how do we feel about the book in general?