Chapter 34

Y/n's pov:

"Okay so, I think the beach is a great start. It's way too hot to go somewhere else." Dad said after checking the weather.

"Agreed. There are many fun activities to do too." Hanni replied and ate her bagel.

"So it's a deal?" Mom asked with her eyes on me and I nodded with a smile.

"Great, we can go and do couples kayak!" Dad said all smiley.

I choked on my orange juice that moment.

"Y/n!" Hanni was wide eyed.

"Oops, forgot. You guys are definitely not a couple!" Dad laughed.

This laugh doesn't sound so innocent, but I just can't prove it.

"Get ready." Hanni spoke behind the door I had closed to get changed.

"I think I'm ready." I said and she opened the door to look at me.

When her eyes found my body, she whistled. "I'm a lucky girl." She mumbled and back hugged me.

"Damn right you are. Imagine someone else being in your position, Jiwon for example." I replied with a cocky smile to fish for a reaction.

"Literally fuck you. I'm gonna change in the bathroom." She angrily rolled her eyes and took her clothes from the bed to go change.

"Don't roll your eyes Pham it was a joke!" I yelled through the hall.

"You're a fucking clown." She yelled back and I silently laughed, knowing she cares enough to get jealous.

"Did you make Hanni mad?" Her mom stopped me when I was going to the bathroom and get the girl.

"I think so, but I can handle her." She laughed.

"I'm pretty sure you can handle her. You're the only one we trust with her. I wouldn't mind if you two dated." Now we both laughed, one because she said a joke and another because she was terrified.

"But silly me. You two aren't gonna date. You're best friends!" She patted my back and went straight to hers and dad's bedroom.

Forgetting everything and Hanni being mad, I pulled out my phone to text her.

Y/n

Your mom terrifies me, she just joked we can date.

Phampham

Are we not gonna date?

Y/n

Are you fucking bipolar?

Phampham

get your ass in here, I need help

Y/n

Yes ma'am

I knocked on the bathroom door and she opened up in less than a second.

"I should be mad at you but since I need you, I'll put my anger away for now." She said and got 2 swimsuits.

"Which looks better on me?" She said and put them in front of her for me to see.

"I think the black one, matches your soul." And she started hitting me again.

"Okay, okay. It just looks better. And it makes us bestie goals. Black and white." I teased her.

"Oh? Besties? Great!" She showed both irony and excitement and I immediately regretted saying that.

"Wait Hanni-" "no Y/n, no take backs. Besties you said? Besties it is."

The trip to the beach was filled with music and hot air. VERY HOT AIR.

I swear I miss Korea. It's not like that.

"Y/n catch!" Dad yelled and passed me the ball we were playing with in the water.

"Yessir!" I yelled back and got it before handing it to Hanni.

"Thanks bestie!" She smiled and I shrugged as she scored on her mom's territory.

When we won the game we were playing we both got very excited and Hanni kinda jumped on me.

"We won!" She hugged me.

"We did!" I hugged her back while holding her legs around my waist because she would fall in the water again otherwise.

"Okay let me down now." She coldly spoke again and I did as she said with a confused look.

"Hanni? Hanni Pham? Is that you?" A blonde girl with a blue swimsuit tapped Hanni's shoulder.

"I'm sorry? Oh my gosh! Tracy?" She smiled immediately and hugged the girl.

"I missed you so much. You've grown up a lot. And you've become a woman! A very beautiful woman." The bimbo Tracy eyed her from top to bottom and smirked.

"Thank you! You've really grown up too. I didn't recognize you at first." Hanni spoke as she was touching the other girl's arm.

"Let me introduce you to my best friend." Hanni emphasized the words best friend for me to hear.

"Y/n, this is Tracy. Tracy, this is Y/n." Tracy smiled and shook my hand with a happy smile.

"I'm very happy to meet one of Hanni's friends. I haven't seen her in 4 years? Yeah. 4." She said and looked at her.

"Yeah! Me and Tracy met in this exact same beach 4 years ago. We were inseparable for a whole summer." Hanni explained.

"Then we suddenly lost contact. My family planned to leave a day earlier and I didn't get the chance to tell you how much I'd miss you." Tracy had completely turned to Hanni, as if I was invisible.

"I'm back though! And with a very good friend of mine. I'm sure you two will get along well." Hanni gave me attention, finally.

I just nodded with a fake smile which Hanni noticed because I definitely saw her smirking.

"See you later now Tracy. We gotta go somewhere." I said and quickly picked up Hanni bridal style so she wouldn't complain and left.

"Are you out of your damn mind? What do you think you're doing?" She complained when I let her down.

"I think you know the answer to that." I rolled my eyes and Hanni's dad came over to us with a ball in his hands.

"Girls? Will you play volleyball with us?" He asked and we both nodded to avoid talking for any more minutes.

The time we spent at the beach was definitely needed.

Mom and dad would be very happy that I'm visiting Australia with my practically second family.

On our way back, the silence was deadly. We were all exhausted and on the verge of passing out in the car seats. All until,

"Hanni? Who was the girl you hugged at the beach?" Mom asked and both me and Hanni suddenly woke up completely.

"Don't you remember her? It's Tracy. The one I spent a whole summer hanging out with."

And definitely the one I've never heard about.

"Oh! Yes! I knew this blonde hair reminded me of something!" Mom smiled.

"She has become a very pretty girl." Mom added.

"Yeah, very pretty." Hanni replied and looked at her window again.

author: who the fuck is Tracy now.