Chapter 26

Y/n's pov:

It was the day,the big day.

Today I'm supposed to work out and then go to warm up with my team before the match.

Hanni informed me exactly where she would be so I could find her before and after the match.

Jiwon also told me she'd come around if she had time.

While I was doing my ab routine, my phone starting ringing and when I took a glimpse of the screen the caller was definitely Minji.

"Hey asshole." She greeted.

"Hello bear, how come you called?" I asked and wiped my sweat.

"I remembered the match you had today and wanted to wish you good luck! Me and the girls would love to attend but we're with our families..." She sounded disappointed.

"That's sweet of you. Don't worry about not being here, I also saw all the spam texts from the others with apologies. At least Hanni is here, I wouldn't handle being completely alone." I chuckled. It was true though, I'm pretty anxious.

"Oh shoot, my mom is calling me. Good luck Y/n/n!" She said shortly and hung up.

I took my regular shower along with an energy drink and left.

In the stadium, the other girls were already practicing and the coach strictly called me and made me run 3 laps extra for being late.

"This shit is unfair." I mumbled when another voice was heard.

"Girls! My friend brought some water bottles with our names on them." My teammate, Haewon said and gave each of us the bottles.

Many "thank you!", "sweet of her" , "I wanna wife her up" were heard among the girls.

I wasn't really thirsty so I put the bottle away for the time out.

While we were still practicing, people started gathering around the seats with banners and food.

I guess, a true football fan needs their essential equipment.

After about 7 to 8 minutes, the seats were completely taken by random, thirsty men, who wanted to either fish some cheerleaders or players. Disgusting horny men.

To be honest, as much as I'm disgusted, at the same time I didn't give a flying fuck.

I was just looking for Hanni among the crowd. When I did find her, our eyes immediately met.

My heart starting beating so fast, I almost got an attack. Was she already looking at me? She gave me an approving thumbs up and blew a kiss.

I pretended to catch it and then run back to my team, trying to hide my crimson red cheeks.

"Y/n, there's a girl named Jiwon over there, she told me to tell you good luck." Yeji said and pointed at a girl with long black hair and bangs.

She was staring at her phone when I saw her but when the match started, I could feel both her eyes and Hanni's on me.

This made me more anxious than I already was. Am I overreacting?

I just don't wanna embarrass myself in front of my crush and my friend.

"SNU!SNU!" Many people starting cheering when the ball started being passed around.

I started blacking out. I was not there. I started feeling dizzy but kept playing. Would I survive this game without being a disappointment?

Hanni's pov:

I was quietly observing Y/n from the front row. Her body language shows struggle, anxiety.