Chapter 37

Y/n's pov:

"Home sweet home..." Hanni mumbled and sat on the couch.

We were currently at her house where I'd be staying for tonight. It's night here so Hanni's parents didn't want me to spend it alone, in case I'd be in trouble from the flight.

"Y/n, will you sleep at Hanni's room per usual?" Mom asked and I smiled.

"You know it." She gave me a small nod before going to the kitchen.

"Does anyone fancy some dinner? I got quite hungry. And to be honest, the flight's meals wouldn't be considered great." Her dad asked and we all laughed.

He wasn't wrong, I would eat rocks and I would still be taking my time to decide if it's tastier.

"Or you just missed my cooking." Mom yelled from the kitchen and dad seemed to be blushing. After so many years? This is love.

"Find someone that blushes like me when my wife teases me." Dad mischievously went to the kitchen to follow his wife.

"Get ready for a new sibling." I told Hanni and she playfully hit my shoulder.

"Have you found the person that makes you blush?" She asked with a smirk.

"Probably not, I'll have to wait until the right moment comes and boom. I'll meet her." I know she already is that person.

I've known her my whole life, no way am I letting her go.

"You're sleeping on the couch." She tried to get up but I grabbed her leg to stop her.

"No, no, PhamPham I love you please don't go." I whisper yelled because her parents were still near us.

"You're so childish." She gave me a disgusted face.

"Can we go upstairs? I feel kind of tired." I yawned and she hummed before we made our way to her room.

"Big spoon or little spoon?" Hanni asked.

"Big spoon, obviously." I smirked and she immediately jumped on my arms until we found a comfortable position to sleep while still being close to each other.

"I think you forgot but.. tomorrow's your birthday." Hanni mumbled in my neck.

"I know. But I want to forget it. It feels weird getting older. Especially knowing that one day I won't be able to do the things I want because I'll be too old." I suddenly felt my heart aching.

The thought of growing old and not having the same people around me scares the living shit out of me.

I can't bear the thought of being 70 years old, having fallen out of love with Hanni and not having the ability to make friends or even be with the same people.

Without noticing I had been crying the whole time I was thinking about this.

"Why are you crying babe?" Hanni hugged me close, almost suffocating me, but I didn't care, it was so comforting.

"Nothing, just shitty thoughts. Let's sleep." I wiped my tears and she nodded before we both fell asleep a while later because of the flight's exhaustion.

"WAKE UP Y/N! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" Many voices in the room, coming from different directions could be distinguished.

When I opened my eyes tons of confetti were spread around the room and the crowd opened to Hanni holding a cake with a question mark as a candle instead of the age I was actually turning. 19... it still stings.

Everyone started singing the "Happy birthday" song and I scanned the whole room till my cheeks started hurting from smiling. They really did all this for me...

Hanni was in front of me, next to her Minji, Haerin, Hyein and Danielle, all with a smile on their faces.

Hanni's parents were filming from the other side of the room while simultaneously singing along with the girls.

When the song was over and I was about to blow the candle, Minji yelled "Y/n! Don't blow it yet! Make a wish!" I smiled at her and then thought for a moment.

I then took a deep breath and blew the candle. When I did, everyone started clapping, followed by wishing me and hugging me.

Hanni came over to hug me and whispered. "Happy birthday baby. I hope I'm your only wish." I chuckled before locking my arms around her for a few moments.

All the girls came one by one to hug me and wish me happy birthday that I happily accepted.

"Oh Y/n. Since you said you wanted to have our concert on your birthday... we arranged it! We're performing this evening at 19:00 at the stadium!" Hanni announced and I was in awe.

They actually got permission to perform there? With audience?

"Thank you all so much. You have no idea how much you mean to me. Mom, dad. Thank you for making me feel like your daughter for real. You're the ones here for my adulthood. I love you both." I went over to hug them both.

"We're proud of you Y/n. Just like we are for Hanni." Mom said with dad agreeing on her statement.

"Now let's practice! We have 8 hours!" I hurried and Hyein made a soldier pose before going to grab their instruments. I suppose they already brought them?

"Oh my bass. I'll have to go and grab it from my house. It won't take long." I suddenly remembered and tried to find my keys when Danielle appeared from the door with my bass on her hands.

"Looking for this? Hanni gave me her spare keys to get it for you." I smiled and thanked her as the other girls arranged the amps, microphones as well as drums that were already placed on the corner of Hanni's room.

"Before we practice, let's eat some cake, Hanni made it by herself." Haerin suggested and the girls nodded while I was pleasantly surprised.

"Why so surprised? We were together in the baking lessons. The teacher said I'm a natural! Now try it, you're the reason behind it." She ran to the kitcken to grab some forks and plates, along with a knife to cut it.

"That's delicious. It's my favourite too! Red velvet cake. Thank you PhamPham." I thanked Hanni and the others started whistling. We rolled our eyes before laughing it off.

author: final chapter coming