Chapter 23

Y/N's pov:

We had a break for 2 weeks finally. I'm rather okay now... Hanni helped me a lot yesterday.

I dreamed about my parents yesterday. The dream was what I expected. Them telling me I should move on. And that's what I'm gonna do.

I was resting and watching some TV when I got a notification.

PhamPham<3

Hey Y/n. Are you better now?

Y/n

Hey, I'm okay. Just chilling now.

PhamPham<3

I wrote a song, your guidance really helped me.

Y/n

Good job! I'm proud of you. What's the song about?

PhamPham<3

Falling in love with the wrong but right people. Like the person is wrong but also right for you. Many people experience that and I wanted to represent them all. (Girl is dropping hints)

Y/n

Sounds interesting, when are we gonna meet up with the girls for practice?

PhamPham<3

No idea but wanna come over? I'm lonely.

Y/n

Be there in an hour.

I decided to finish my drawing of her. Since I started it in class and didn't finish.

It took me about 40 minutes to add the colors and everything.

I got ready and went over. It didn't take more than a minute for Hanni to open the door cheerfully.

"Hello to my favourite person!" She beamed a smile.

"Hey there, happy to see you." I returned the smile.

"Just come here already I missed you!" Before I could reply she pressed her lips on my cheek and grabbed my hand to guide me to her room.

"Before doing anything else, I wanna know, are you okay and you're here or just because of pity I texted you?" She asked seriously.

"I'm okay PhamPham, you make everything better." I smiled at her genuinely.

"I might as well kiss your lips after so much sweet talk." She said and came closer.

I didn't react instead I locked my hands around her waist.

She didn't move either. It's like she's expecting me to do something.

"Why does my heart beat so fast when I'm near you?" I asked nonchalantly while looking at her.

"I don't know... Maybe you're feeling vulnerable." She spoke and unwrapped my hands around her and turned around to go to her desk.

Avoiding my eyes for the next minutes was a torture. Why does she keep giving me mixed signals?

She kisses my cheek, then I try to make a joke, she turns it into something else and then boom. Absolute zero.

"Hanni, I have a football match sometime in the week, will you come watch me?" I asked her trying to ease the air.

These days, the classes may have stopped but we still have football practice. Yujin and Rei have never failed to keep me updated on the schedule.

"Probably, you'll be sulking for decades if I miss the game." She said and continued writing.

"Also, a question. What was that bag you were holding when you came in?" She asked and turned her chair to look at me, sitting in her bed with my phone raised to my head level.

"I was planning to give it to you actually." I replied and got up to get the bag, which was located outside of her room's door.

She opened it and was shocked.

"Dammit Y/n, you always do something that never fails to make me smile." She frustratedly replied.

I was curious, so I responded. "And that's a bad thing I guess, based on your reaction right now?"

"Yes. It's a bad thing actually, but I'm not gonna elaborate on that now." She replied and turned around again.

It makes me go nuts that she always tries to avoid these just by turning around.

Hanni's pov:

Y/n has probably gone nuts by now. I keep turning my back at her, making her think she did something.

The real reason I'm like that is because I wanna hide the blush on my face.

What if she's just playing around? I don't want my feelings exposed and hurt at the same time.

I then suddenly heard a phone sound.

"That's my phone, it's an unknown number." She said and I just told her to pick it up.

Y/N's pov:

"I'm sorry for calling you, but is this Jeon Y/n by any chance?"

This voice... I can't be wrong. It's her.

"I am the person you're looking for. May I know who that is?"

I asked without trying to sound suspicious.

"Then... I should probably introduce myself... Kim Jiwon. Known as Liz to you."

I knew it! I couldn't be wrong.

"Oh my god, Liz! It's- it's you." I replied still shocked over the fact that she called me after years.

Liz and I were friends in middle school. We had the same classes, same interests and disliked the same teachers. Typical.

A few years of us being friends she left.

Flashback...

"Y/n... I need to tell you something." 11 year old Jiwon announced sadly with a face that seemed like she was sobbing before.

"What is it Ji? Why are you so sad?" I asked concerned.

"I- I'm leaving." She said in a sad tone.

"What?! Leaving what?" I asked confused.

"I'm leaving Y/n. I'm going back to Jeju. I don't know for how long." She cried.

I cried with her. She's leaving.

"What about Seoul? What about me?" I asked with a sad face.

"Y/n... I don't know. I don't have a phone. You do. We can't exchange numbers. I'll probably never find you again..." She kept crying.

"I'll give you my number! Keep it in a small box and you'll find me." I said and squeezed her hand.

And that's what happened. I wrote my number in a small piece of paper and gave it to her.

"I'll miss you." She said and hugged me tightly.

I hugged her back and whispered "please don't forget about my number. About me."

"I won't." She said and bid her goodbyes with me after many sad ugly crying minutes.

End of flashback...

Author: School has literally been a pain in the ass these days. I have no time to do anything but assignments. I'm sorry for not updating.