Chapter 11

Y/N's pov:

"Hey." The person behind me said.

"Hey Jimin." I smiled.

"So you actually got the day free to see me, your highness." She teased me.

"Yeah, it's been a while." I laughed.

The last time we went out was over 2 months ago, since her friend's birthday party.

"So... What happened and you suddenly wanted to see me?" I asked straight to the point.

"Nothing in particular, just wanted to have a drink. It's a great hour." She said and pointed at the sunrise in front of us.

"Right! Wanna get some soju?" I asked her and she nodded immediately.

During our walk to the convenience store, we talked a lot, mostly about our classes and our ambitions.

"What's going on with you and Hanni?" She asked.

"Nothing, we're best friends, I think so at least." I replied sceptical.

"So you could give me a chance?" She asked with puppy eyes.

"You know I don't love, but if you just want a hook up once we can do that sometime and then just stay friends." I replied.

She seemed surprised at first but then gave me an amused smile.

"Hm... Already crashed my heart." She faked a knife in her heart area.

"I don't look for something serious right now, so friends with benefits would be perfect for me." She continued.

Our conversation about how she wanted a fuck buddy started when her ex Minjeong started dating Ningning.

The other girl in the friend group, Giselle had already been one of my well... Adventures.

Jimin confessed that she only saw me as a friend till Giselle gave her the idea.

"Wanna talk about something else now? This seems too early to be talking about it with you." She said referring to why she wanted to hook up with me out of everyone.

The conversation was quite funny actually. But it felt wrong... Especially knowing that Hanni doesn't like Jimin for some reasons.

She even calls her with her other name, Karina. Which she only uses to talk with people she doesn't really know.

We went to the same park we were seated before going to get our soju and started talking about Hanni suddenly.

"You know, it's weird how you guys are only best friends." She commented.

Huh? This was kind of random. But Hanni has a date anyway.

I looked at her with the "elaborate" face.

"Just looking at you, you guys look good together. Nothing in particular." Oh, Hanni's parents say that too.

They always said that we look good together and that they hope their daughter finds someone that looks like me, if not me literally.

They've been quite the fan club for us even though we expressed many times that we are best friends.

"So you're saying... Me and Hanni look good together, but you also want to shoot your shot with me." I said with a raised eyebrow.

"I never said I've had a crush on you!" She defended.

Suddenly while we were laughing, her phone rang. "Oh wait, it's my mom, I should take this call." She said and went a little further to answer her call.

While she was talking on the phone, I took a look around and noticed some familiar faces.

Oh wait! These are the girls!

"Hey Y/n!" Minji waved from afar.

I motioned them to come over.

"Hey Y/n!" Dani greeted me with a hug which I didn't refuse to give back of course.

The others followed behind her.

"Hey girls! How come you're here?" I asked them.

"We were just walking home from a party actually. We have a friend from high school who lives around here." Haerin said and pointed at the house they were, inside this neighborhood.

For some context, me and Hanni went to different schools growing up. Which meant making other friends too. That's when in high school, I met Eunchae and Hanni met the girls.

Me and the girls bonded quickly and our friendship has been going strong for 3 years. This also means me and Eunchae have been friends for 3 years, but we mostly text each other now. Not see each other in real life.

"Ohh that's great. We should gather together next week." I said and they all nodded their heads excitedly.

"Y/n! I'm back!" Jimin said and greeted the girls, when she saw I was talking with them.

"Woah, why is everyone here." Another voice said from behind us. Familiar voice.

"Hanni!" Hyein rushed to hug the girl whose hand had been holding Sullyoon's next to her.

"Thank God Hyein cut their hands." I said under my breath but Jimin next to me laughed.

"I knew it. You're jealous." She whispered and laughed.

I also laughed because from the corner of my eye I could see an angry duck staring.

I quite literally ignored her presence. Not everything is easy.
She's the one who should apologize first, she was being so rude today and for what?

Ugh, there are times when she's so confusing.

I know she might not want to talk because that's what I do too sometimes but she doesn't need to be so jealous over something she caused...

Author: Trouble in paradise?