Destiny.

____________________

Y/N's POV

The moment we got back to Nevermore, I made a beeline straight to my room.

Principal Weems called after me a couple of times before eventually realizing that I wasn't going to stop. I didn't look back and I wanted to be alone.

Or as alone as I can be.

Currently, though, I was standing in my room staring down into an open drawer from the nightstand next to my bed.

I hadn't opened it in a couple of years so it was kind of dusty.

There were only two things inside: The Electrode Headpiece from when I used to do Self-Electroshock, And my old phone which I haven't used in four years.

I still keep it charged though.

For if it's necessary to use it.

I glance over at the Electrode Headpiece for a moment before picking up the phone. The moment the screen lights up, I notice the staggering amount of notifications covering the screen.

Nine hundred and Fifty-Two messages.

All of them are from the girl standing beside me in the photo I have as my wallpaper. All Nine hundred and Fifty-Two from Enid. The first one is from over three years ago. And the most recent one from on the day Wednesday arrived.

I ignore the notifications and tap on the first thing to pop up after.

The Photo Gallery.

There weren't a lot of pictures, to begin with.

The most recent one, from four years ago, was just of Nevermore at night with a full moon in the background.

The next one was just under five years ago, of Enid and I.

She was taking the picture with a wide smile. I was just looking at the camera with a straight face. Well, straight-ish, considering Enid had an arm around me and was pulling on the corner of my lips as if molding my face into a smile.

The next one was over five years ago.

Five years and Eleven months.

It was of my parents in the kitchen of our home.

My dad was sitting at the table with the biggest grin on his face and geometric glasses. The glasses were identical to the ones that "He" currently wears.

In his hands, he had a black/red-trimmed Gibson Flying V. It was a rather large guitar and he had modified it himself so that it had two small amps attached to it at the tips of the V-shaped body.

My mother was standing at the stove staring down into a pan. She was making classic eggs and bacon for breakfast. The look on her face was one that I recognize better now.

She's had that look quite a few times.

It was just.. blank.

...But her eyes were gloomy..

I swipe one last time to the first thing in my Gallery. It was a video from the exact same time and place as the last photo. But this time, my father was leaning back in his chair and looking at the camera.

I hesitated for a moment but eventually pressed play.

The sizzling from the oven immediately filled the room.

Soon after, the sound of my father's voice came, "You recording?"

"Yeah," I heard my own voice from out of frame.