It Never Truly Ends, Does It?

____________________

Wednesday's POV

It was a few days later

I was just finishing up on writing my novel.

The last thing I type is: THE END?

It was the end. Over with. Finished. Concluded. Practically any other word you wish to insert here.

Much like my time here at Nevermore.

At least for the time being.

And if you're wondering.. yes, Viper and Lucien have.. talked.. for less than a better word regarding their attraction for one another.

And as expected, he was the one to initiate it.

Considering the school is currently without a principal and a large portion of the building was vandalized by a revived corpse pilgrim, it shouldn't be much of a surprise to hear that they've ended the semester early this year.

A majority of the items from the room have already been packed and brought downstairs by Lurch, who at the moment has come up to grab my Cello.

I gently lift the page before slowly setting it down with the other pages, overturned.

_____

Y/N and I stood in Principal Weems' office in front of her desk.

We just stared at the chair in front of us as we heard the door behind us open quietly.

Less than a second later, Enid appears, standing beside us.

She just stood there looking at the chair as well for a moment.

"I hate to admit," she says, "but I am gonna miss Principal Weems."

A second passes.

"She could be a real pain," I said, "..but she was tough. And she died for the one thing she truly loved, this school. For that, I have immense respect."

"She was one of us..," Enid added.

I glance over at Y/N, who quietly continues staring at the chair.

Enid eventually looks at him as well.

But it seem he noticed, or at least didn't show it.

He gulped tightly.

Then he said, "...She was the last thing I had to a parent in this world.."

Enid asks him, "What'll you do now?"

He glances over at us.

"I'll figure it out," he shrugs, "I have money to last a while."

Enid just looks at him for a moment, then just nods in understanding.

She takes another look back at the chair quickly before making her way back out the door behind us.

I continue watching Y/N for a moment, until he eventually turns to look at me.

I hesitate for a second before telling him, "...Stay with us."

He looked confused by that.

"What?"

"Stay with us," I repeat, "With me. At my house. With my family."

Y/N appeared unsure at that but not in a way that made it seem he didn't want to. More as if he wasn't sure it would be a good idea.

"Are you sure about that?," he questioned.