Eugene, The Keeper Of More Than Bees.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

Today was the day.

I had already packed most of my belongings.

The last thing, that I was currently carrying to its case, was my typewriter.

Enid was assisting me with some of my clothes with a melancholic expression. Y/N, though, wasn't exactly here..

He hadn't shown up last night like I thought he might've.

Enid had gone out to check his place but he wasn't even there.

I close my typewriter case before grabbing a few books from the side. Enid reaches over to pick up my stuffed squirrel in an electric chair.

When I look over at her, I see her just staring at it misty-eyed.

Though she was strangely holding it up angled in front of me.

"I can't believe I'm actually going to miss your creepy, lifeless eyes waking me up in the morning," she says, trying not to cry.

I couldn't tell if she was talking to me or the squirrel... 

I say, not even asking about it, "So I assume you'll be moving in with Yoko. Leaving me in the past."

I walk over to a case filled with other books, placing the ones I'm carrying inside.

Enid follows after.

"Not Ever!," she insists, "Wh-what about you?.. Will you forget about me?"

I doubt that could ever happen.

For a few reasons, not just because even among other normal people like her, she stands out somewhat abnormally louder than them.

I turn to face her.

"Enid.. The mark you have left on me is indelible," I admit, as sincerely as possible for someone like me, "Anytime I grow nauseous at the sight of a rainbow, or hear a pop song that makes my ears bleed... I'll think of you."

She was blinking slightly faster than normal in an effort to keep the tears at bay. Though she still had a tinge of confusion at my choice of words.

"Thanks," she mutters softly, "..I guess?"

I walk over to grab more of my books to put away.

"I always believed relying on other people to be a sign of weakness. That inevitably they would lead me to disappointment," I move back to the packed books and add to them, "Turns out I've been the disappointment."

Enid steps closer to me with a soft smile.

"Are you kidding me?," she says, telling me, "I've learned so much from you. Okay, sure, part of it is admittedly just criminal behavior, but.. most people spend their entire lives pretending to give zero effs, and you literally never had an eff to give."

I glance downward for a moment.

Then she asks, curious, "Any chance you've got some sort of.. sneaky plan to elude Weems?"

"As much as it kills me to leave Tyler still walking around free, I'm afraid there isn't much I can do," I answer, "At the very least, Y/N will still be here while I'm gone to finish the job."

Enid's eyes seemed to have gotten more teary at what I said.

"Y-you haven't heard?," she asks me.

My brow furrows, "Heard what?"