Kinda Right, But Kinda Wrong.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

It's been a few days.

It's already Saturday morning.

And I'll admit the days have been rough and rather dissonant. And I may have been slightly more disagreeable with people than I normally have.

Though most probably wouldn't recognize that.

I was with Eugene in the Hummers' Shed putting up the evidence board that I previously kept in mine and Enid's room.

He was just watching as I pinned Xavier's sketch onto it.

"Enid wouldn't let me keep this in our dorm," I tell him as I look at it.

He just responds, "No worries. Mi colmena es su colmena. I assume this is the creature that's been rampaging in the woods."

I look over at him, "You've heard about it before?"

"Rumors," Eugene answered, "Mr Fitts banned me from bug-hunting until further notice. Claimed a bear was on the loose, which I knew was a lie. Didn't match their hibernation schedules."

He then glances over at me as if remembering something.

"Speaking of monsters with sharp claws...," He reaches over to a shelf on his right, grabbing a jar, "Could you give this to your roomie? Put in a good word for me? I hear she's still sans date for the Rave'N."

"Eugene," I say, admonishingly.

"I know the chances of her asking me are next to zero, but I don't care. I'll keep putting myself out there until Enid finally... Sees me."

"And when she never does?," I inquire.

"She will," he replies confidently, "I'm playing the long game. My moms say people will appreciate me when I'm older. I know they're probably just trying to make me feel better, but--"

I cut him off and tell him, "Listen, people like us, we're different. We're original thinkers, intrepid outliers in this vast cesspool of adolescence. We don't need these inane rites of passage to validate who we are."

"So you're not going to the Rave'N either?," he asked, strangely slightly confused.

 I just tell him, "... Actually, I am.. With Xavier."

"Really?," was all Eugene asked, before adding, "No one else asked you?"

That sounded a tad more insulting than I'm sure he was trying to be.

"No, of course not. Besides, I have ulterior motives."

Eugene just nodded, "Right.. Hey, I've been meaning to ask. Have you seen Y/N lately? He hasn't shown up here in a while. And I know he doesn't show up every day, but he generally never misses a Saturday."

My eyes dart over at him.

I actually haven't seen or spoken to Y/N in a while..

But I know he's fine, because Enid deems it necessary to tell me so every day. As if I were wondering how he was or something...

Thing also makes it known how much he misses him. Even though I know he sneaks off, most likely to spy on him. Which I've told him countless times that he needs to stop doing.

Normally, I'd hear Y/N playing at night but recently I've heard nothing.

That's one thing of a few that I haven't heard in a while.

Like the sound of the window opening whenever he'd come into the dorm.

The sound of him tapping his foot when he's bored..