Mayor Walker Isn't Walking Anymore..

____________________

Y/N's POV

I followed Wednesday to the Gates Mansion.

She came here immediately after leaving the shed after.. what happened.

Just as she reached the door, I approached her.

She quickly noticed me.

She just stared at me, as if unaware of what to say.

So I made the smart move..

Completely ignore and deny what happened.

"So this is the Gates' place?," I question rhetorically, "Why would Goody lead you here?"

She seemed to appreciate my choice. Or at least also think it best.

Wednesday just looked back towards the door, about to say something, before stopping as she looked at it. I look over at it as well to see it slightly open.

Suddenly, there was a figure moving behind the frosted glass.

We quickly dash away from the door and around the corner. We continue through into the trees a bit and stop behind a tree. 

We look back through the trees to see Mayor Walker exit the building.

What the hell is he doing here?

He turned back to lock the doors before taking off out the front gates.

Wednesday and I move past a few trees till we reach the edge next to the road. Mayor Walker made his way towards his car, parked a bit away from the gates.

As he walked, he pulled out his phone and dialed.

After a moment, he said, "Sheriff, pick up your damn phone, it's Noble. Listen, I might have figured out who's behind all of this."

He comes to a stop for a moment.

I hold out my hand towards a few small pebbles a few yards away and toss them just behind him. This causes him to sharply turn to look.

Wednesday and I quickly move past him with his back turned.

Mayor Walker continued his message for the Sheriff, "..It's a long shot, so I'm gonna have to lay it out for you. We'll do it over pie at the Weathervane, just like the old days."

Wednesday and I move around the back of Mayor Walker's SUV.

As Wednesday goes to open the trunk, I peek around the corner of the car and throw more pebbles over in the other direction.

He sharply turns to look that way as Wednesday pulls open the trunk.

"See you soon..," he mutters into the phone staring over at the source of the noise.

Wednesday and I hurriedly hop into the back of his car.

And mere moments after, the sound of the door in the front opened.

And soon we were off.

Wednesday and I were cooped up in the back for a solid 15-20 minutes before we saw the buildings of Jericho out the window.

Eventually, though, we came to a stop.

I recognized the Weathervane across the street through the window.

We sit up and look completely out the window just as Mayor Walker steps out of the car. Across the street, in the Weathervane, we could see Sheriff Galpin sitting in a booth.