Lazarus Rising.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

Y/N, Eugene, and I snuck behind the Meeting House toward a padlocked door.

The moment we reach it, I say to Eugene, "Give me your retainer."

"What? Why? Your teeth are really good," he replies, adding, "Not as straight or white as Enid's, but stil--"

Y/N cuts him off by practically shoving his hand into his mouth to rip it out himself. He then wipes it off on Eugene's outfit before handing it to me.

Eugene stood there with his hand holding his mouth, "That hurt!"

"You were talking about teeth in a weird way. That hurt. My ears, that is," Y/N tells him.

"What if Mistress Arlene catches us?," The younger boy asks.

"Hive Code, Deny Everything," I answer.

I start using the metal on the retainer to pick the lock.

Eugene just looks incredulous at my answer, "That's not Hive Code!"

"It may not be Hive Code, but it is My Code," Y/N said.

Eugene glances over his shoulder before looking back at the building, "What's the big deal anyway?"

The lock opens with a pop and I quickly slide it off. Y/N takes the lock from me, and for a moment I thought he was going to throw it but he instead slides it in his pocket.

As if he were going to use it for something later.

Meanwhile, Eugene continues wondering why we're here, "The fudge is definitely the best thing about this place."

Y/N opens the door for us, but tells the other boy, "Keep a watch out here."

I toss the retainer back to Eugene and then head inside.

Y/N quickly entered after me, closing the door behind him.

The inside was slightly dusty for the most part. There were a few display cases with various items along the walls. And in the center of the room was a case by itself, with a mannequin of Crackstone in front of it.

The mannequin was holding a curved wooden cane.

There were a few artifacts along the walls as well. From drawings of ships to a few dull-looking swords.

I swing off my backpack and open it, dumping out what's inside onto one of the display cases. Thing scampers out, quickly getting to work and searching the place.

Y/N takes off toward the other side of the room.

I glance around the cases on the other side.

My Grandmother once told me: 'Secrets are like Zombies. They never truly die.'

Now, I'm not sure what secret Crackstone is hiding, but I have a strange feeling the answers to the future lie in the past.

"Wednesday," Y/N calls.

I turn to see him staring down into a display case a few feet away.

I make my way over to check it out.

Resting in the confines of this box were various metalworks.

On the left was a Bronze Dagger roughly the length of Thing. Its handle was thin with a spiked crossguard. The pommel was of a purple skull weeping black abyss.

On the right was a pair of clearly homemade forging tongs.

But in the center was slightly more interesting.