Have You Ever Painted Before?

A/N- The show canonically takes place in Early November at this point. Suggesting Wednesday's birthday is Nov 13th. But she was born on Friday the 13th which isn't in November in 2006. It's in October! Also, I refuse to believe they'd just gloss over Halloween!

____________________

Wednesday's POV

Hours later, daytime already and I was back in the dorm.

I was sitting at my desk attempting to draw the gate that Goody showed me from memory. Y/N was looking down at it, clearly not recognizing it. Though I don't really expect him to, considering how much he just ignores.

He didn't even know the founder of the small town he lived in. Despite the 'hero'-worshiping he receives from practically everyone.

Enid and Thing, on the other hand, were behind us on her side of the room.

But then I feel Thing hop up onto my shoulder.

"Careful," I scold, "That's my cold shoulder."

Enid told me, "Don't blame Thing. The party was my idea. I believe everyone deserves to be celebrated on their birthday. Right, Y/N?"

Y/N glances over at her, "Enid. I just go along with the stuff you do. I hate my birthday. You know why."

"Shit, right, sorry" she mutters.

"Besides, it's not really a birth 'day', is it? You weren't really born on that day. It's more of a birth anniversary," he adds.

"It isn't about the 'technicalities'," Enid replies, "Anyways, what exactly happened down there? It looked like a seizure."

"We weren't that lucky," I tell her.

Enid sighs, "Could I at least get some kudos for pulling one over on you?"

I stop sketching at that, "..The subterfuge was impressive."

A sound catches our attention.

We look over to see Thing dragging a box halfway from beneath my bed.

I quickly stand up and move over toward it.

I pull it out all the way and grab a card that was sitting on top of it.

"May your 16th be as sour and misery-filled as your desire," I read aloud, "Your ever-doting Mother and Father."

"They asked Thing to hide it before they left on Parents' Weekend," Enid tells me.

I open the top.

It was a Taxidermy Kit along with squirrels on the inside. Unfortunately, they were dead and on ice.

"Ew.. That's so gross," Enid exclaims at the sight.

"I would have preferred live squirrels," I say.

Y/N looks over at it, "Yeah, probably would've been better. If they die then you know you messed up."

Enid reaches over behind her bed and pulls something out, "While we're still accepting presents.."

She then steps towards me with a particularly flat-looking gift.

I grab it from her and rip the wrapping paper off. And pulled out.. this black and white cloth scarf... Except it didn't exactly look like a scarf.

I just stare at it, mostly disgusted by the thing.

"Well, do you like it?," Enid questions.

I glance over at her, "What is it exactly?"

"It's a snood, silly."