Are You Willing To Feel The Sting?

____________________

Wednesday's POV

This story is about to take a dark turn.

Usually, I love dark turns.

Like when the carousel brakes mysteriously failed at my eighth birthday party.

But not this one.

"How could you miss a dead body?"

Principal Weems, The Sheriff, Y/N and I were walking down the halls of Nevermore. It was early the next morning, after what happened at the Harvest Festival.

"You'd be surprised how much ordinary people could miss," Y/N says.

Sheriff Galpin just glared over at Y/N, replying, "We didn't miss anything, 'cause there wasn't anything to miss. There was nothing there. No footprints, no blood, no sign of a struggle. Nothing, nada. My search party looked all night." 

"Well, your search party must have left their seeing-eye dogs at home," I retort.

Y/N adds, "We saw that thing tear through Rowan like paper right in front of us."

As we start up a flight of stairs, Sheriff asked, "Get a good look at this monster thing?"

"It didn't exactly stick around for a chat."

"Maybe it was one of your classmates," he suggested.

Suddenly, Weems comes to a stop and turns towards us, "Sheriff, I find that question offensive."

"Oh, I don't care," The Sheriff retorts, "'Cause I got three other dead bodies in the morgue. Hikers just ripped apart in the woods."

"The Mayor said those were bear attacks," Weems replies.

"Well, the Mayor and I disagree on that," The Sheriff admits.

"So you automatically assume a Nevermore student is the murderer, even though there's no evidence a crime was even committed," Weems says, disappointed.

The Sheriff replies sarcastically, "I'm sorry. I forgot, you only teach the good outcasts here, right?"

Principal Weems releases a sigh before taking off through the door to her office. The three of us follow behind her.

Weems takes a seat at her desk.

Sheriff Galpin leans against the fireplace.

Y/N and I take a seat in the two chairs in front of Weems' desk.

"My guess is Rowan ran away," Weems says, "State troopers have put out an alert, and I've contacted his family but they haven't heard from him either."

"Dead men seldom call," Y/N tells her.

Principal Weems just looks at him with a smile, a little annoyance behind her gaze.

But Sheriff Galpin questions, "What were you two doing out in the woods with him anyways?"

I lie, "I heard a noise in the forest and convinced Y/N to help me investigate. That's when we stumbled upon the attack."

The Sheriff looked back and forth between us for a moment, then also asked, "Then what happened?"

Y/N answered, "We ran into Bianca Barclay, and told her to go for help."

"Next thing I remember, I was awaking in my dorm," I added.

"I woke up in the hospital next to my fathers' bed, visiting," Y/N said.

So that's where he disappeared to last night.