Advice From A Barista.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

I was currently standing by Xavier's shed, waiting for him to show up.

Uncle Fester was here, hiding somewhere in the trees.

From around the corner, I could hear footsteps getting closer. After a moment, I eventually started hearing a voice, Xavier, speaking to someone. 

"Hi, Um.. I need to talk to you," he said, "No, like.. Like, right now."

I look around the corner to see him looking out in the distance on his phone.

I walk up a few feet behind him.

"Yeah, I know where that is," he tells the person on the line, "Okay, I can meet you there in, like, twenty minutes.. Okay. Bye."

Xavier hangs up as he turns around, lightly flinching as he sees me.

"Who're you talking to?," I asked.

As he puts his phone away, he replies, "It's none of your goddamn business."

I tell him, "I know what you are, Xavier."

"Look, can you.. stay the hell away from me?," he asks, though in a tone that made it sound a bit more like a demand.

Xavier then quickly brushes past me and into his shed.

I look back for a second before walking off into the trees.

A few yards away was Uncle Fester peaking around a tree.

We sat there for a few minutes, just waiting.

After a short while, Xavier exited his shed. We watched as he went over to the side of it, where a bike was, and hopped on. He then took off riding to his left.

"Did you place a tracker?," I asked Uncle Fester.

He looked at me as if it was a silly question and handed me a small handheld monitor, "Don't worry! Uncle Fester's got you covered."

The signal, which was Xavier, had already reached the main road. He was now taking off at a steady pace.

"Okay," I said, "Let's hit the road."

Uncle Fester brings me over to where he had a stashed vehicle not too far from here.

When he pulled the tarp that he had over it, it revealed a motorcycle with a sidecar. Unfortunately, it wasn't exactly designed to blend in.

For starters, it was white with black blots.

Like a Dalmatian.

Which is sort of fitting, considering the logo on it said: 'Penny's Pooch Patrol' and 'Door to Door Dog Walking'

I glance over at Uncle Fester.

"What?," he questioned, "I picked it up on my way out of town. You know me. I like to travel incognito."

This is the least incognito thing I could think of.

It's mostly bright white.

Uncle Fester reaches over and picks up a pair of helmets.. with dog ears on them. He tosses one to me before chortling as he puts on the other.

He looks over at me as I stare down at the helmet, "C'mon! Let's roll!"

..Considering this is the only option, a few minutes later I was sitting in the sidecar wearing the dog helmet as Uncle Fester sped along the road.