Outreach Day.

____________________

Y/N's POV

It was the next day.

It was a bit earlier in the morning, around Seven.

"He" still hasn't appeared at all today..

This isn't like him. He's never gone this long before annoying me.

I was currently at Dr. Kinbott's Office. She had scheduled only one appointment for the day and it was for me. The rest of the day, everyone from both Jericho and Nevermore would be out in the streets for their weird festival thing.

At the moment, though, I was sitting just across from Dr. Kinbott.

As usual, I was sitting in her chair. She sat where normally the patient would.

This appointment was a bit different..

This time I was actually talking, unprompted.

"He was just standing there perfectly in the center, frozen. He was grinning, but it was still the most serious I'd ever seen him. Just next to him, in the painting, was a plaque that had a hint of sorts for this book that we found. And in it, certain letters and phrases were highlighted on one of the pages. A part of it really stuck with me.."

Dr. Kinbott was clearly partially shocked by my openness, but managed to keep up, "What did it sa--"

I barely registered her speaking as I cut her off, "And I mean, I think my father wanted me to see that. It talked about gods, or more specifically, A god. And the last time I heard any mention of 'gods' was in a vision. So, that can't be a coincidence, right?"

I glance up at Dr. Kinbott to see her waiting patiently for a moment to make sure I had finished speaking.

Her normal smile that she had was gone the moment I started talking a few minutes ago, replaced with a slightly more serious tone. It was mostly due to my talking first, which I'd never done before.

After a second passed, she asked me, "Y/N, What did the message say? The part that stuck with you?"

"..It said: 'Every living creature on Earth dies alone'," I told her.

She went to say something but just as quickly stopped. Her expression became one that I had seen a couple of times before in the past.

She slowly leaned forward in her seat slightly as she watched me, "And how did that make you feel?"

It's not the first time she's asked me something along those lines.

Most of the time I'd just tell her it made me feel nothing. Because it was always true. Whenever she'd asked that about something, it'd always be something that I didn't really care about.

But this?

"...It reminded me of my mom," I told her.

Whenever Dr. Kinbott would attempt to steer the conversation toward my parents, I'd always just talk about when they were alive. But I know that's never been what she wanted to talk about.

I continue, "She died just a week before my tenth birthday.. We were on our way home from the store. She decided to pull up to this pond a few blocks away from our house.. She gave me a head of lettuce and told me to go out and feed the ducks. That she'd 'be out with me in a moment'.. That was the last time I saw her... The next thing I'd hear would be the loud splashing of something heavy hitting the water..."

Dr. Kinbott slowly asked, "..She.. drove into the pond?"

"Yeah," I nod, looking at her panged and concerned expression, "But before she did that, she had me leave.. So she could be alone."