It's All Coming To A Head!

____________________

Y/N's POV

We found Ms. Thornhill in the greenhouse.

She was standing in front of a small lab set. Something was brewing just beside her as she messed with a few other things right next to it.

The sound of the doors closing startled her, causing her to jump and turn to face us.

"Wednesday! Y/N!," she lets out a breath, "I thought you two would've been gone by now."

Wednesday just tells her, "You can drop the act, Laurel!"

I add, "Hiding amongst the Nevermore staff? Oh, that's a little.. diabolical, don't you think?"

"Should have known it was you," Wednesday says, "Faking your death, securing a job at Nevermore, unlocking a Hyde. Typically, I have great admiration for well-executed revenge plots. But yours was a bit extreme, even for my high standards."

"And we'd know all about being extreme," I tell her.

Thornhill's brow had deeply furrowed.

"Oh, dear," she says, turning to face the things on her desk and lifting a tray of plants, "Weems was right.. You two do need psychiatric help."

She walks over to place it down on another table before turning back to us.

"You can't throw out wild accusations without consequences," she finishes.

We just step closer to her.

"They may be wild," Wednesday agrees.

And I finish off, "But does that make them any less true?"

"Tyler told us everything," Wednesday tells her.

We turn to motion as Tyler steps in front outside.

Now, I'll let you in on a little secret...

That's not Tyler.

It's Weems shapeshifted into Tyler.

She was rather skeptical about everything involving this plan at first. But obviously, she wants to be sure she's not employing a raging fucking psycho.

'Tyler' nods at us.

"You know, initially, I incorrectly accused Kinbott of using hypnosis to unlock him," Wednesday tells her and adds, "But you used a plant-derived chemical, didn't you?"

"Rather obvious considering your current occupation," I state.

Thornhill scoffs at that.

Wednesday says, "We know your father kept tabs on all the Outcasts in town. So I assume he told you about the Galpin family secret when you were just a girl."

"That's why you targeted Tyler," I add, "And you manipulated him by showing the truth about what his mother was."

"What Tyler didn't realize is that the truth wouldn't free him. It would enslave him to you."

"You were most likely frightened in the beginning. Hence the cave and the shackles. But eventually, he'd serve you willingly," I chuckle derisively.

"And when Kinbott came close to discovering the truth, you had Tyler kill her and pin it on Xavier," Wednesday concludes.

At first, Thornhill was shaking her head in denial.

But then...

She groaned, pulling her glasses off, "Ugh, that's enough."