Rave'N.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

Everyone was staring.

The moment we stepped into the room, practically everyone was staring at us. Not all of them, mind you, but definitely the majority.

We were the only ones wearing all-black. And, strangely enough, the only ones wearing outfits that seem to go together.

Everyone else was wearing a plethora of mismatched outfits. Most bright white, some bright shades of grey, and even blue. I wish I were just hallucinating, but some were even wearing full-glitter outfits.

Some were going, "Oooo~", "Look at them", amongst other things.

There was even a gaggle of girls in a small crowd just squealing in a corner while watching us..

Frankly, it was annoying and uncomfortable.

Y/N whispered to me, "Told you you were radiant."

I glance over at him, "They're staring at you too.."

"What?!," he muttered, sharply turning to look around the room which causes many of them to go back to what they were doing prior.

Like the others, the room itself was decorated in various whites and greys. There were a few fake icebergs and ice stalactites. As well as a large Yeti ice sculpture looming behind the DJ.

The ground was even mostly covered in a fog.

Enid has mentioned that the theme was 'climate crisis meets extinction event.'

I turn to Y/N and tell him, "I'm gonna go get us some drinks."

He just nods at me before I walk away. He continues looking around at everyone uncomfortably.

The moment I reach the punch bowl, the very familiar sound of bouncing footsteps approaches me.

Enid was bouncing next to me in a mixed light pink and grey dress. Her hair was dyed a slightly darker shade of pink.

"OMG! You guys actually came!," she squeals, "And that dress looks great on you! I knew they'd go well together!"

She knew?

Thing didn't steal them?

"You bought them?," I questioned.

She nodded, "Thing was busy with making the perfect note for Y/N. Someone had to go get them. Everything had to be perfect!"

"I don't think I like the idea of you and Thing planning things behind our backs," I tell her.

"If we didn't, neither of you would have said anything," she replies, "Whenever you two talk, you always end up flirting with each other in your own weird ways and then you both skirt past it totally oblivious!"

I just tell her, "We do not flirt."

"Thing and I see otherwise," she says, with a smile, "You should take him out to the dance floor. Trust me when I say, his moves are out of this world."

I try changing subjects, though this topic wasn't exactly trivial either, "Either way, at least he isn't a bad date. Unlike yours."

She glances over her shoulder at her date.

Lucas Walker. Mayor's son and pilgrim bully of outcasts.

"It's not what it looks like," Enid assures me.

"Good, because that pilgrim already has two strikes in my book."

"Lucas is trying to make his ex jealous. I'm trying to make Ajax jealous. It's as simple as that," she says.