The Woeful Irony Of Parents' Weekend.

____________________

Wednesday's POV

Parents' Weekend began today.

Many were dreading it.

Myself as well, partially. But a larger part of me was looking forward to it. To get answers for questions that would normally be difficult to obtain otherwise.

I've always considered my father an open book.

A man given to misguided schemes and exaggerated displays of affection.

But when he was a student at Nevermore, he was accused of murder.

The murder of a boy named Garret Gates, which happened right here in the school Thirty-Two years ago.

And on top of that, perhaps I'll be able to get answers for another case. A case slightly more difficult to get answers for. For the case involving my father's best friend.

Y/N's father, F/N, was also accused of murder.

But it was of another boy.

Ichabod Isaacs.

The only difference between the two cases?

The arrest of F/N was purely based on circumstantial evidence.

Meaning?

The body was never found...

I look away from my typewriter to see Thing looking through a magazine on Enid's bed. Enid was out at the moment. She was amongst the majority dreading Parents' Weekend.

The reason my attention drifted from my writing was due to the absence of the person who had been in here just minutes prior. Y/N was in here silently looking through the case files on our fathers.

I glance over to immediately notice him outside the window, on the balcony leaning against the balustrade.

He's looked different the past few days.

Unlike how it'd normally be, he now wore his blazer unbuttoned. He completely ditched the sweater vest that went with it. His shirt was still tucked but open-collared.

He still had the tie but it was loose, visibly.

Looking at him now, I have come to the realization that I've most certainly based a character in my novel on him..

Shortly after arriving at Nevermore, I had introduced a new character that would be more than just a side character for the current case Viper was working on. And even more than just a reoccurring character.

The new addition, whom I've named Lucien Demavie, was a boy who started out a rival detective on the case. But eventually, the two began working together, reluctantly at first.

He is just as intelligent as she is, as well as equally misunderstood. Can be a tad sarcastic and plainspoken.

But also tends to be self-loathing and a bit defensive.

At the moment though, the pair are harboring a rather intense attraction to one another. Neither was willing to tell the other due to already dealing with a load of other problems besides just the case.

But their feelings are undeniable..

Undeniable....

I guess I can say the same regarding myself and Y/N.. I know I said that I would bury it and ignore it, but trying that has led to the reverse of the wanted results.

Well, I can still technically ignore it, it's just that any desire for it to die altogether is likely improbable. It's like his mere existence is infecting my thoughts.