5

Octavia POV

I didn't know what to feel.

All those people, 3200 dead because of me.

Three THOUSAND two HUNDRED.

What were their final thoughts? Were mothers and siblings just trying to find the younger ones? Were they scared? Did they go fast? Did they suffer?

I shudder. I couldn't take thinking about that. It was all to much to fathom, the guilt was to much I needed to tear it from my thoughts for the times being.

Instead it hung, waving itself in the front of my mind, I can still see the bodies, I can smell the stench of flesh and smoke.

I focus on my breaths as I walk down the long hallways of 13, everyone was scattering about. I saw some of their eyes on me as I walked.

I refused to take down my hood, I could feel the tears go down my cheeks as I walked, though I didn't want to cry but I couldn't help it as my eyes blurred.

And if my luck for the day couldn't get any worse, I ran into someone again.

" Serious-" He voice was to familiar. Why did it need to be him again?

I looked up for just a second. He was with 2 girls and another guy all looking at me. " Sorry." I sniffed as I kept walking.

The last thing I wanted was to get yelled at from Cato Hadley or his cronies. Having them mock me of do something horrible- they're 2.

Luckily, none followed.

*******

Cato POV

Apparently 12 can't see today. That idiot bumped into me 2 times. I saw her walking from down the hall, I didn't know who it was at first, why would she have her hood up in here?

It wasn't until she looked up for just that second, her eyes slightly pink, a tear running down. What would make her cry now? She choked when she apologized, just as fast to leave.

I followed her dark silhouette as she blended in with the crowd as she darts down one of the other hallways.

" Does she not have eyes?" Priya muttered, crossing her arms as she watched with me in annoyance.

I roll my eyes as we keep walking, " Apparently not."

" She was crying I wonder what happened." Macy said softly.

" No clue."

All this constant chatter was making me annoyed. How did I used to like to be surrounded by so many people? I'm used to the quit nights at the house with only a few.

I'd give anything now just to have one of those nights again. I squeeze my eyes shut, getting rid of the memory, those make me get the feeling in my gut. I can't deal with that right now.

We walked a little further, I saw the dark curly hair of Evie. Her unapproachable expression on her face as she stares blankly ahead, she didn't realize she passed us until I said something.

" Hey, Marcos."

Her eyes caught mine, her face turned into a scowl. "What?"

" Your kid was crying."

She stained my face, her eyes narrowing into slits, " What did you guys do to her now?!" She say easing her accusing tone.

I scoff, " Nothing. She ran into me, for the second time today."

" She ran into you? And you didn't say a thing?" She scoffs. " I highly doubt that coming from you Hadley."

" She didn't give him time to." Priya adds.