Eyes opening

Cato POV

The hovercraft was just descending when we reached the landing strip, the door opens for us all to load. Evageline met us on the steps yelling at Octavia.

She hits her head, " What were you thinking? Running away like that? You could've gotten us all killed!"

Octavia doesn't fight or interact say a word, she takes the hits looking teary eyed on the floor.

" I agree Ms.Avril. This kind of behavior will not be tolerated, and punishments will be endorsed." Boggs says.

Still she just nods. Now she's normal again.

" You can't blame her." Gale said. " She just wanted to help."

" Are you speaking out of turn Mr.Hawthorne?" Boggs asks. " Then you can be punished to." He snaps.

Everyone sits quietly watching the interaction unfold, Priya I saw go to the far corner to sit down, right by the wall.

I go to sit by her, Vad and Macy on the opposite side glancing at her but not saying a thing.

Plutarch just asked once more if everyone was alright, we all nodded.

" You didn't see the planes until they were in the area?" Boggs asked the two.

" Yea, they just appeared. They must've got new software or something." Evie says running her hands through her hair.

" Then we'll need to talk to Beetee." Boggs utters, "That will be my first order of business."

I turn away from them, looking down at my boots. There is barely anything left of 8. People will have to evacuate or something, theres nothing worth staying for.

Now we're down to 10 districts, I don't think they'll stop. I hear a shaky breath from the side of me, Priya was looking at her lap trying to calm herself down or something.

I saw the tears running down her face, Macy gave her a small smile while Vad did the same. They would comfort her but they don't want to bring attention.

Soldiers can't be weak. But they weren't supposed to shoot or fight, they're just here for the camera, not to hide from bombs.

I throw up my hood, doing the same to her. She wipes her eyes looking at me. " Are you alright?" I whisper.

She nods. I eye her, cocking my head. I turn towards her, grabbing the gun from her lap setting it on the floor by mine.

" Your ok." I whisper again.

" Thanks for saving me, kinda."

I smirk, " Yea, well I made a promise."

I made a promise to Clove, her family, and Kaylaya. To keep her safe.

She smiles, one thats sad. " Try to sleep." I say pullling on her strings of her hood so it closes in on her.

She giggles slightly pulling it. " Ok, Hadley."

She leans into the wall closing her eyes, I leaned away from her, not bothering to look at the two across from me.

Like Vad, I couldn't save everyone. But I'm sure as hell going to try to keep them all safe.

**********

Kaylaya POV

Since Annie's meltdown on TV, I've felt a little tense. They take her daily for about an hour, she always comes back high out of her mind.

She barely speaks anymore, when she's here it's like she's zoned out, she sleeps, or passed out from whatever they give her.

I don't think they'll put her on any more interviews, or shown to the rebels. Snow didn't think they'd use that footage. It created a little resistance in the Capitol, but they got it figured out soon after.