20

Octavia POV

The next morning we were cleared to go back to our rooms, see what the damage is. To say it was an miracle was an understatement.

Luckily, since 13 falling out with the districts they relocated a lot.

The bombs barely touched anything, they only killed off some of the forest, and the poultry farm.

Luckily I was never a fan of the chicken we had here.

Our rooms were fine to still stay in, One of the main doors needed to be sealed in, but luckily we had 3 others to get to the outside.

The same automated voice from last night came over the loudspeakers again. To please pick up our stations and file out in a mannerly fashion.

" Octavia." A voice calls for me as I was deflating the pillow. I turn my head to see River weave through the people. " Boggs requested us." He began, " Sounds important."

" Does Cato know?"

" 2 knows." He says blandly. " Come on."

I follow him to where the small group was, Evangeline, Gale, Cato, Enobaria, and the three extras from 2. Now me and River.

" Looks like we're all here. Follow me to Command." Boggs instructs.

*********
Kieran POV

I went to my grandfathers chambers. I've been watching the 2 inmates for a good couple hours now.

District 2 broke.

Her disposition has changed from our first meeting with her, all the confidence she had dropped.

She looked pathetic sitting on her cell bed with 4 looking at her. She glanced at the camera turning away from it.

4 looked to, then they were done talking. Even if she had no information about the rebels, we need her.

We need to use her, now is the time.

I knock 3 times, so he knows it's me.

" Come in." I hear my grandfather say.

I enter, with his makeup washed off his face pales. The dark circles overtake his face. He never lets Celeste see him without the makeup, she's to weak to see him like this.

That's why I'm taking over, once he's gone. Together me and my sister will rule Panem with an iron fist.

" Yes, my boy." He coughs, blood splatters on his sleeve.

The Avoxes jump to life getting him a new night shirt.

" I'll be quick Grandfather." I say quickly. " I think we need to start the next phase of my plan."

" Ms. Musak has been useful thus far."

" I've been watching her, she's broke."

" Broke?"

I nod, " She broke her character, not long she'd be doing the same as 12 did. We can't afford having her turn 2 against us."

My grandfather considers this. I continue, " Cato Hadley has seen the live, there's no doubt about it. How long is it going to take until he takes his turn on their cameras? How long until Commander Zane? HE has even greater-"

" Do it then my boy." He said staring at the blood on his shirt.

I bow my head, " I only wanted your approval."

He nods, his body wracks in coughs, more blood comes out.

I make myself scarce as I leave, a huge smile on my face as I walk back.