Pt.2

I finished up with this stupid interview, Cressida saying the final remarks before going switching to the Odairs.

I kept my gaze forward as I took a seat on the wall beside Enobaria. She had no idea. I felt the looks of the Odairs before they went up to say their part.

Yea, I know. Volunteered for the same shit. At least I had the luxury of choosing, I still needed to swallow the bile I had to whole time.

I had sex all the time, this was something totally different, something I never wanted to do again. For a second I did feel bad for Finnick.

Until tour, for the both of them. River deserves it, some days I think Finnick did to.

It felt good revealing the games from a career's perspective, for people to rethink everything they knew.

The worry I had for Kay now trumps all of that. I need her to be ok, please let her be ok.

Next it was the Odairs, they set the stool out of frame as they both stand.

" And what will you be telling us?" Cressida asks.

River looks at Finnick, he stands stoically. " We're going to tell you about what our elected of the Capitol do to people like us. What they do, that they don't want anyone to find out."

******

Octavia POV

What I heard from Cato was... I was speechless.

I had him all wrong, I got all of them wrong.

I always thought they were the bad guys, all the careers. Have to kill kids, then volunteering for it. For them being so excited.

I wondered what they would tell of give them to keep volunteering year after year.

I never thought of lies. Then hearing they change once they win only to do the same exact thing the next year.

I can only imagine what they feel, maybe the betrayal I felt when I found out I was a plan, when they didn't get Cal.

To hear what Cato did for Kaylaya. He really does love her, ofcourse the nation already knew that. But that was... I wish I could have that kind of love.

I wish I could give Cal that kind of love, that's the kind he deserves.

Cato picks at his hands while his mentor looks at him. He doesn't look on her direction.

I turn my attention back to the Odairs.

" If a victor is considered desirable, the President allowed people to buy us. Doesn't matter the age, you were told I had many lovers, they were clients President Snow gave me." Finnick clears his throat throwing in a small smile " I was still 14, sleeping with a 55 year old."

I couldn't even imagine that, a 14 year old. I chew the inside of my cheek, I couldn't even look when they talked.

Finnick sighs, " Anyone who the Capitol has mentioned with some beauty is in this. Happens a lot more then one might think, many of us don't want to talk about it. Victors we know and love do it without our knowledge."

" Some can avoid it." River mentions, " Depends who your tied to, or who you know, or what district you come from. Very few from 1 and 2 are in this."

River glances off screen, a look I know is for Cato. I know they were the ones that sent them back, that's what Evangeline said.

Finnick continues, " And if we refuse, he'd kill someone you love. All I could think about to get me through was my baby brother and my Mother with twins on the way." Finnick began cringing at the memory.