The Other Side

Kaylaya POV

I was getting above restless here.

We didn't see that many guards or anything like that for a couple days. Just when they were sent to give us food and water.

Annie was just as bored as I was, she attempted more conversation but I was still tight lipped.

I had the feeling we were being watched all the time, maybe this is a test. To see if I will talk to her, or maybe I'm just to inside of my head to much.

I know they're not convinced yet, still deciding if I'm innocent or not. I sigh at my boredom and the situation I'm still in.

There was a small window in out room, it was sealed shut, just in case we did get in open, there was a forcefield outside of that.

I looked out, I'm so bored I just say there watching the specks travel about until I couldn't see that particular one anymore, then you move to another.

I must've been so lost in thought, I didn't hear the TV turn on.

I hear Annie gasp. I whipped myself around looking at her. She sounded like the women from 3 we killed, she just gasped when Gloss killed her.

I get the smallest amount of guilt when I think about him, same with his sister. I actually liked them, I haven't thought about them until now.

Maybe I shouldn't feel bad given my situation. I wish they were alive, maybe I'm twisted saying I wish they were here. Here with me, 1 is the closest, they did alot for the Capitol through the years.

Maybe we'd be in our own districts by now. Even if I needed to stay with them I could've lived with that until I found out how to make it back to Cato.

I look from her to the screen, having the exact same reaction.

There she was. There they all were.

All dressed in these onyx black suits, the same material as their last outfits, the ones that caught on fire.

All of the others surrounded that damn girl as she chants, she lifts a flag as hovercrafts fly overhead.

I clench my jaw as I stare at her on the screen, how badly I wanted to throw a knife through that screen. Killing her this time, in the most brutal, bloody way possible.

My blood boils even more seeing the all to familiar faces of the Odairs in some sort of same get up as hers.

The extras were faces I knew all to well, Priya, Macy, Vad. How did they get there? T And Cato, how he didn't change. He looked unenthused, you could see the lack of sleep on him.

I wonder if he's still having episodes? I bite my lip glueing my eyes to his.

" Finnick? Finnick!" Annie yells. She gets up so fast she bolts up flinging herself on the Tv yelling his name repeatedly.

Does she actually think he's right there?

" Annie? Annie!" I yell.

" Help us! Finnick!" She screams. " Finnick."

She latches herself on the Tv yelling. " Annie, get off!" I yell. But she holds on balling at this point.

" Annie!" I yell again. This time Peacekeepers come storming in trying to get her off, they push me to the side to watch as she fights with some of them moving so swiftly.

One pulls out the bright yellow liquid, they're going to kill her right here? One comes over and tries to restrain me from helping her, though I didn;t put up much of a fight.