Part 7

»Make sure to fully extend your arms«
It was Changbin's 16th appointment today which meant it had been about 2 months since his first. Chan quickly did the math since he couldn't believe they had grown so close in such a short time.
Their relationship had turned from a work encounter into a deep friendship to a point where they were comfortable with each other and would constantly tease and joke around.
Chan stopped getting intimidated by Changbin's experience and energy and Changbin stopped treating Chan as if he was socially above himself. They just started getting along on the same level.

Chan usually always tried to avoid a hierarchy between himself and his clients. Sure, it was beneficial if they saw Chan as a capable authority but motivation lasted longer if it wasn't forced upon them. He just wanted to establish himself as someone they could trust and it seemed like he achieved that point with Changbin pretty quickly. Even better, it seemed like they had much in common and really saw eye to eye.

»Alright, we're done here for today«
Chan had counted the exact number of Changbin's repetitions and it seemed like he was able to do slightly more than usual for today.
»Really? Don't go easy on me just because you're in a good mood«
Chan was sure he counted more than usual, how could he still have so much energy? And what is he even trying to say?
»Hmm? How would you know that?«
»Why else would you keep smiling like that? Did something special happen today?«
Chan didn't even notice his own facial expression, he couldn't explain the smile to himself.
»I don't know, seems like I really am just in a good mood today«
»It's obviously because I did so well. You must be admiring me«
Chan could easily tell Changbin was trying to tease him. He liked the bond they had and he enjoyed going along with it.
»Of course. I admire how much you improved thanks to me«
»Sure«
The man jokingly rolled his eyes before getting up to dry himself with a towel.

Even after some thinking, Chan still couldn't quite point out what made him so happy today that even Changbin would notice it. Maybe it was really the pride of what they had accomplished together. Maybe he was just truly happy about getting closer to his client. Or maybe he really was admiring Changbin...

How could he not? The man was doing his best every day. He rarely complained and always followed Chan's guidance. He stayed on track and kept his principles clear. He did so well on different exercises and he looked so good doing them. Even right now, drying himself off, looking exhausted but still confident, trying to catch his breath. Now he's turning back at Chan and... those sharp eyes... wow they're so pretty.
»What?«
...had he been staring?
»What 'what'?«
Chan took a second to realize what he had been daydreaming about. He felt extremely weird and hoped his expression wasn't noticeable this time.
Changbin didn't reply anymore. He just looked back for another moment before turning around again.
He didn't notice, right?