Part 18

During the next appointment, Chan felt like their friendship was finally the same as before.
In fact, it felt even closer now.
Chan came to a point where he could kind of laugh about what happened at the party and he felt like Changbin understood, it was just a drunk mistake.
Chan even thought that maybe, to get closer, you had to endure some awkward times together.
So ultimately, it strengthened their bond and everything turned out for the better.

Everything was fine now.

Just the same as before.

Except for the multiple times now, when Chan caught himself, staring...
or daydreaming....
or fantasizing
or anything else he wouldn't even admit to himself.
He tried and tried to stay focused but...

»Does this look right? It feels a little awkward«
»Try lifting your back a bit higher«
Changbin was working out shirtless again.
He had been doing it so many times, Chan thought he should've gotten used to it by now.
No chance.
That guy's body was too perfect not to admire it.

While Changbin was doing his best to fulfill the exercise, getting close to his limits, Chan could see every inch of his muscles starting to tense up. His chest was rapidly rising up and down while his arms were starting to shake a tiny bit.

»Alright, that's enough«
At Chan's signal, the man's body started to relax and he let himself fall back onto the matt beneath him.
»That was a tough one«
»You did well«
Chan tried hard to restrain himself but he couldn't keep his eyes off the other's body.
He looked so effortlessly good, even when he was exhausted, gasping for air.
As Chan was staring, he knew Changbin noticed. He could feel his eyes on him. Chan looked up to see the other smile back at him.
It felt like Changbin could see right through him and read all of these concerning thoughts.

And maybe he was enjoying the moment as much as Chan did. It felt like he was definitely doing this on purpose to some extent.
Chan could tell. But he was not too sure how to feel about it.
He could tell Changbin's expressions were like an invitation. But he was still hesitant to accept.
He kept telling himself it wasn't right but being allowed to stare, and even receiving smiles for it felt way too good.

His mind was conflicted; On one hand, he didn't understand his emotions and he didn't like feeling this confused. It was easier to just push everything aside and act like nothing got to him.

But on the other hand, he longed to explore these new feelings. He felt so unsure but maybe it was time to stop limiting himself and just see where things would go.