Part 28

»You're doing great today. I see you've rested well during the weekend«
Changbin's next appointment was luckily already on Monday. He was lifting weights without any trouble; Chan was impressed.
»I mean, I had a nice vacation at your place.
I guess that was pretty relaxing«
Chan giggled, he was happy he had given Changbin a pleasant time.

»I'm glad you've enjoyed yourself, but don't lose focus while thinking back to it«
He made the remark after Changbin had fallen out of his rhythm.
He wasn't that good at keeping a conversation and exercising at the same time.
»Of course not«
Changbin noticed his own mistake and was able to fix it right away.
He winked at Chan while nailing the correction so effortlessly.
Chan felt starstruck for a second but was able to contain himself.

Chan could feel how the ambiance between the two of them had changed over the past few weeks. It definitely felt different from when they had first met.
Changbin was always confident but now he seemed to become even more daring.
Sometimes it felt like he was trying to confuse Chan on purpose to tease him about it after or to just giggle about it to himself.
Chan didn't mind being the victim of Changbin's strange jokes.
They didn't feel mean... just kind of cute.

For example...
»Like what you see?«
Changbin had flexed on purpose in front of him last time.
»Always«
Chan had played along and then threw a towel at him. It was moments like these were he wasn't too sure of Changbin's intentions but it still made his heart flutter a tiny bit each time.

Chan had been overthinking for a while again when his attention was suddenly brought back.
During his short break, Changbin had taken his shirt off again just when Chan had thought back to how toned his body looked beneath that tight black fabric.
Changbin had done it so so many times before but Chan felt like it had gotten a tiny bit more intriguing each time.
He couldn't help but stare.
Only to analyze the state of Changbin's body in regards of his program and his general health of course.
Chan made mental notes about the other's frame in his head over and over again.
Changbin had a thick and strong core with broad shoulders and toned arms.
It was clear he was eating well, his body had a very healthy-looking amount of mass, making him ideal for various sports.
Chan was proud his program kept Changbin in such amazing shape.
He seemed to be on a good track to meet the goals they were working to achieve.

And on top of that, he looked incredibly attractive. Especially right now, while his muscles had been freshly worked through.
Chan took in the sight of the veins on the other's arms slightly twitching from time to time.
He looked exhausted and sweaty and his hair was a mess but it made him even finer.
Chan watched as the man started to stretch, getting ready for the next exercise.
It was routine for him and Chan didn't need to say much.

While Changbin was stretching, it was clear he had his body under control.
When he leaned forward, every inch of his arms behaved just like they had to, from his shoulders to his fingertips. It was the same for his legs and the rest of his body.
His focus was incredible and his form unreachable.

Even someone as experienced as Chan would be jealous of his skills. And Chan clearly was.
He tried his best to transform his jealousy into motivation to improve.
As he trained Changbin to keep his schedule and taught him new methods, he was also able to learn a lot from him as well.
That way they felt equal.
They didn't feel like teacher and student or instructor and client. They just felt close and on the same level.
That way it was so easy for them to be such good friends and that way Chan didn't even notice how hot he found Changbin earlier and how he had noted him as attractive and how much he had been staring and how he had been thinking of him and...

The realization finally hit him way after.
He sighed loudly and Changbin looked up at him concerned.
Chan gathered his thoughts and just smiled to not worry the other but inside he felt conflicted.
He took a deep breath and decided to calm down. It was okay for him to feel this way.
Why wouldn't it be?
He stopped himself from answering his own question.

»Are you alright, Hyung?«
»Of course«
It was all just... a lot. But it was okay.
Chan wanted it to be okay.
Changbin smiled at him, seemingly trying to comfort him.
Chan allowed himself to get excited over the smile. It meant a lot to him.