Part 17

Chan was staring down at his shoes while feeling a tiny bit embarrassed.
He was currently taking the metro to pick up Changbin from his new job.
The man had asked rather jokingly if he would do that for him on his first day of work but of course, Chan couldn't say no.

He felt weird about going this far for a client but it was also obvious they had more than just a business relationship going on.
That's just the kind of stuff you do for your friends right?
Chan felt good about being there for Changbin when he needed it. Still, he was feeling strangely nervous.

After another few minutes, the train arrived at the station where Changbin was already waiting at. He entered the metro and spotted Chan right away.
»Thanks for keeping a seat for me«
He was dressed in formal attire.
He looked really good in his white shirt, it flustered Chan a little but didn't stop him from joking around.
»Nope, you can't sit here«
Chan positioned himself right in front of Changbin, blocking the empty seat with his body. They both laughed loudly and Chan finally let him sit down.

»So tell me, how was your first day?«
»Well I know for sure now, I don't like being a lawyer«
Chan's heart dropped, he suddenly felt wrong for making jokes earlier.
»Really, was it that bad??«
Changbin laughed before replying.
»Hmm. I guess I wouldn't say it was. The place is really nice and my coworkers seem okay too. But the job just isn't right for me«
Chan nodded while listening closely when Changbin got a little more serious.
»But it's fine. I knew I wouldn't like it before even applying. But it's still the best opportunity to put my knowledge to use and make enough money to live independently. That's all I want for now and I'll work hard for it«
Chan was amazed by the other's determination. Changbin looked tired after his first day but still managed to be so motivated, even for a job he had no passion for. 

They enjoyed their train ride alongside each other and Changbin kept on smiling as brightly as usual.
He joked about his new coworkers even when he had just met them today. Chan wasn't surprised, the man always seemed very social, so of course he already must have gotten to know many people at the new firm.

After they had a few laughs, Changbin got a bit more quiet. Chan could see the exhaustion in his eyes. He yawned and finally admitted to being tired.
Without hesitating, Changbin leaned over to rest his head on Chan's shoulder. He seemed like he really needed it so Chan tried to brush it off, but he did also start to feel a tiny bit nervous.
What happened back at the party never really left Chan's mind, even when he tried to forget about it. And right now, when Changbin's cheek hit his shoulder, Chan felt like he was taken back in time.
He felt like he did back there in the bathroom, on the floor, cuddled up with his friend.
The feeling was strange but he admitted to himself, that it wasn't too bad.
He remembered feeling warm, comfortable, and safe in that moment, even when the circumstances were unusual for him.

Luckily, before Chan could daydream too far, Changbin suddenly spoke up.
»Thanks for coming here to get me«
Chan felt a little startled.
»Of course. I mean, It's not that far«
He usually also took the metro to the gym and back every day. He would've gone back home by now anyway, and taking a little detour didn't harm.
»I know. It's still really sweet«
Chan smiled to himself. He was happy when his friend was happy.