Part 41

A few days later Chan came into work a little late. The metro station he usually got in at, had closed down temporarily after spontaneous technical difficulties so he had to run a few blocks to the next station. Chan caught himself having the wish for Changbin to just drive him around everywhere but he figured the run to the next station would also be a good warm-up.

When he finally arrived, he greeted his coworker at the counter and then went into the employee lounge. His other coworkers were already on their shifts so he was all alone. He went to grab some iced coffee from the fridge when he noticed his own name on a bag.
He usually didn't bring anything so he was really surprised as he pulled out the paper bag with the logo of his favorite café.
The note on it spelled "For Channie Hyung" in bold letters and then "enjoy" with a heart underneath it.
He realized exactly who this was from and he smiled to himself as he opened the bag to see a sandwich with all of his favorite toppings.

The present was sweet to him at first but when Changbin came in around noon for his appointment, Chan was already waiting to scold him.
»Hi Hyungie«
Changbin greeted him so sweetly but Chan stayed persistent.
»How did you get into the employee lounge? Do you know you could get kicked out for this?«
Changbin backed away a little but his smile stayed.
»Don't worry! I wasn't in there«
Chan raised an eyebrow.
»You sure?«
He gave the younger man a fierce look and Changbin's confidence crumbled a bit.
»Yes! I wanted to bring you breakfast before your shift but you weren't here yet so I gave it to one of your coworkers! I promise!!«
Changbin quickly went on to explain, looking a bit nervous about getting scolded more but Chan just smiled relieved.
»Okay then. Thank you«

»Were you embarrassed by it?«
Changbin suddenly got pouty.
»No that's not it!«
Chan tried to defend himself.
»You just don't want your coworkers to know about us, right??«
»No Binnie. It's just that I didn't want you to get in trouble for me«
Chan held out his hand to brush through the other's hair. He then lifted Changbin's chin to give him a reassuring look.

»Just out of curiosity though...«
Chan had been struck by Changbin's wording earlier.
»Hmm?«
»What exactly would there be to know about us?«
Changbin smiled. His confidence was back.
»Well maybe that we're definitely a thing now«
He was so adorable, Chan couldn't help but tease him.
»Are we?«
He smirked and Changbin punched him.
»Of course!«
He sounded determined so Chan gladly accepted it.

It felt surreal but Chan also liked finally making it kind of official.
As he looked at Changbin preparing for his workout, he thought he should've claimed the man for himself a long time ago.
Oh, he looked so good in that black tank top... And these hips in grey sweatpants... stunning.

»Staring again?«
Changbin turned around and purposefully flexed his arms for Chan to look at.
Chan gave him a brave smile back.
»Always«