Chapter 10

Madina's POV

Aisha and I went straight to the bedroom I asked Nancy, a maid to clean up for her. I kept her luggage in the wardrobe and changed he clothes into something simple.

"Aunty, where uncle Abubakar?" She asked me.

"He went to work." I replied as I picked her up from the bed she was sitting on.

"When will he come back?" She asked curiously.

"Later in the evening, baby." I answered her to which she replied with a tiny 'okay'.

We went downstairs to the dining room to eat. I fed Aisha as she fed me back. My baby has grown up.
After eating lunch, we went to the garden to play.

At 5pm, I started cooking dinner. Before I could finish cooking, it started raining outside. Me and Aisha went back to her room after cooking dinner to cuddle and watch frozen.

It was still raining when I heard footsteps which means Abubakar is back from work. Before I could say a word, Aisha has climbed down the bed and was running towards the door.

"Be careful, Nana." Immediately I said so, she tripped and fell down.

I immediately rushed to her side and lift her up to check for any injuries. I found a little bruise on her left knee. Immediately she saw the wound, she started crying.

"I'm sorry baby it's going to be fine okay" I cooed which didn't help.

I was about to stand up when the door opened and Abubakar came in.

"I heard a child's cry so I came to check what's wrong." He explained.

"It was Aisha, she fell down will running to go see you." I told him

At the mention of Aisha's name, he smiled and look down to find Aisha smiling at him brightly as if she wasn't the one crying a while ago.

He squat down and pick her up before they started talking and completely forgot about me. I left them there to microwave the food I cooked and set the table.

After that, I called them down to eat. We ate peacefully with Aisha and Abubakar chatting and feeding each other. He would occasionally tell her something funny I guess and she would giggle.

After eating and clearing the table, I left the dishes for the maids to wash. I will cook but never do the dishes. It's just stressful.

I left Abubakar and Aisha together and went to take my shower. I entered the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror.

Six months ago, I was dreaming of being happily married to the love of my life but here I am in a marriage that won't be lovable. I can't do love anymore, I just can't.

I showered while crying the whole time. I finished showering and slipped into my pyjamas. I came out and saw Abubakar in his pyjamas sleeping with Aisha on the bed.

I have never pictured Abubakar as some one who love kids but he proved me wrong. Maybe he will like to have kids of his own someday, which I think won't be from me.

Sometimes I feel guilty of what I am doing to him. I know very well he doesn't love me or even like me but he still married me for the sake of his mother.

I hope he finds a woman who will love him they way he deserves to be loved. I hope he finds a woman he deserves.

I went to my side of the bed and slipped into it. My head aches for real and it's because of the crying I did. It has become a habit, me crying in the bathroom to let out everything. I miss my mom so much.

I wish I can see her right now and hug her as I cry myself to sleep in her arms.

I made a mental note to ask Abubakar if I can visit her tomorrow. I know Aisha will love to do see her too.

With that in mind, I fell into a dreamless slumber.

............................................................

Hey lovelies!
Last chapter for today.
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.
I love you ❤️❤️❤️