Chapter 23

Abubakar's POV

I dropped my best friend at his house and drove off to my home.

Yes! Home!

Mariya has been calling for the past 2 hours and I don't know what is her problem. She sent me messages asking where I am. Like seriously. I can't even go out now.

I entered the compound and parked my car in the garage. I hopped off the car and went inside only for me to face an angry looking Mariya.

Okayyyyyyy now what did I do now?

I sighed and asked her " what's wrong?"

" You are asking me what's wrong huh? You went out for more than 4 hours Mister. What is that?" She yelled.

" What are you trying to say?" I asked her lazily and went to sit on the couch.

" You left this house since in the evening and now you are back like you've not done anything wrong. You usually wake me up in the morning to know you'll be leaving for work but today, you didn't. Secondly, we normally eat together but no you didn't. You ate with her...." I cut her off before she finished talking.

" Mariya, hope you know you aren't my only wife. I have been treating Madina badly as if she isn't my wife and I favored you in everything. But I made a mistake. Just because I married you, it doesn't mean I should ignore her and treat her bad. That's why I'm trying to correct my mistakes. And She's also my wife and I don't have to ask you before I eat or spend time with her. This is not the Mariya I fell in love with. Try to adjust to this marriage situation. You are from a polygamous family. You should know how to take this better than anyone." I said and left her in the sitting room.

I don't what's wrong with her. Sometimes she acts like a baby.

I went upstairs straight to the bedroom to shower. I have treated Madina wrongly and now it's time to amend all my mistakes.

I went down after I dressed to talk to both Madina and Mariya. Immediately I came down the stairs, I heard voices in the kitchen.

" Mariya please. Just go away." It's Madina's voice.

" You diverted my husband's attention from me, so you can have him all to yourself. Leave us alone." It's Mariya's voice.

"Okay ladies, what's happening here?" I asked before Madina could say something.

" This is the problem in our marriage. She is the main cause of all the things that's going wrong in our marriage. She wants to separate me from you." Mariya said crying.

" Okay, now let's go to the dinning room to talk. Okay?" I told them both.

We left the kitchen and went straight to the dinning room. I sat at the head of the table, Madina on m right and Mariya on my left.

" First of all, Madina I know I've wronged you and I'm apologizing again for that. I want peace in this house and I promise to give you both equal rights. You both are my wives and I have to treat you equally. Mariya I want you to understand that she's also my wife. You can't have me everytime you want because I have stuffs to do and I also have another wife. I will treat both of you fairly." I said calmly.

Just as I expected, Mariya was the first one to object.

" But you have been spending a lot of time with her. That's not fair." She said grumpily.

I can't believe she even had the guts to say that after I have spent the last 2 months with her alone.

"That's why I decided to share the days I'll be spending with you both. Starting from tonight, I will spend two nights with Madina and after those two nights, I will spend two nights with you, Mariya. That's how it will be continuously. Are you both okay with that or do you have any other suggestions?" I asked.

" Why will you start with her? That's not fair." Mariya said.

I don't know what her problem is. Whatever solution is brought has a fault. This is frustrating.

" I have been spending time with you for the past 2 months." I told her.

"No problem. You can start with her." Madina said neutrally before she could speak up.

" Okay then. Any problem?" I asked

Both of them shook their heads.

" Okay then. It's already late. Let's call it a day." I said standing up.

We all left the dinning room. Madina went towards her room while me and Mariya went to ours. She's still angry and right now, I don't have the time to calm her down.

I am tired. All I want to do is sleep not deal with a childish wife. I went straight to bed and laid down.

I slept off immediately my head touched the pillow.

I hope tomorrow is going to be better than today.

*********************************
Jumma'at Mubarak my loves,
How y'all doing?
Hope you had a nice week.
Thank you so much for 1k+ reads, I really appreciate.
You can follow me on Instagram @novelsbyalbau
And you can join my telegram group by clicking the link on my bio.
Don't forget to vote, comment and share the second picture with your friends and family.
I love you❤️