Chapter 11

Madina's POV

I woke up due to some hushed whispers beside me which made me confused. I opened my eyes only for me to find Abubakar and Aisha watching snow white on Laptop with ear pods plugged in.

I checked the time and saw 2am. Like seriously watching cartoon by this time. Abubakar looked so handsome watching the cartoon. The guy never complained about this forced marriage -for him- but he has been nothing but kind to me and my family. Even though we don't talk much, we eat all three meals of the day almost everyday, together.

I didn't realize I was staring at him until I heard Aisha talking to me.

"Aunty, you are awake!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah, you two woke me up. It's 2am and you are watching cartoon instead of sleeping. I am so angry at you two right now." I said feigning anger.

"I am sorry, Aunty. I woke up to pee and I didn't want to disturb you so I woke uncle up. After I peed he said we should watch Snow white." She said innocently and I diverted my eyes to look at a now scowling Abubakar.

"Seriously?" I said raising an eyebrow.

"I can explain, wifey." An endearment he gave me since last week. If I say I hate it I am lying.

"Explain then." I demanded trying so look stern.

"I just wanted to spend time with her since I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I promised her to watch Cartoon together. Plus she was the one who suggested that first." He said giving me puppy eyes.

I kept my eyes on them, while they look anywhere except my way. I wasn't really angry though it's not right for her to be awake by this time. They looked cute together for me to be angry at them. But for some reason I wanted to feign anger for fun.

"We are sorry." I heard them say at the same time.

"Please......" They both whined when I didn't show any expression. This word they said made me smiled and they both sighed dramatically.

"Alright then. Just let me sleep in peace. Also wake me up before fajr prayers." I said and went back to sleep.

At 4:50am, they woke me up. We prayed together and after that we read Qur'an and said our Duas.

By 6am I went downstairs to cook breakfast. The maids have already finished cleaning every where and left to their quarters. I went straight to the kitchen and started cooking.

I decided to cook fried yam and egg with some baked beans sauce. I also made tea and orange juice.

After cooking, I set the table and went up stairs to call Aisha and Abubakar.

I entered the room and saw them dressed. They were snapping a picture with Aisha kissing Abubakar's cheek.

"Okay, breakfast time." I said and turned around with them following behind me.

We went downstairs and atr breakfast while joking around and sharing stories. After that, we went outside to escort Abubakar to his car.

I almost forgot to ask him about visiting my mom.

" Ohh, I almost forgot. I wanted to go see Hajja today. It's been long since I saw her. Can I go please?" I asked him.

" Yes, you don't have to ask me before you visit your family." He smiled at me.

The Abubakar this morning is different from the one I know.

"Okay, thanks." I said.

Aisha kept reminding him of his promise to buy her chocolates and ice cream. After replying her, he did what shocked me the most.

He kissed Aisha on the cheeks and me on the lips. Fully.

"Bye." I heard Aisha saying which brought me out of my trance.

She waved at him and he waved back. With that, he drove out of the compound.

I was too shocked to move that Aisha had to pull me out of my thoughts.

We went back in and started getting ready to go visit my family.

I was so excited.

At around 10 am, we left the house and started our journey to my family house.

We reached there at around 10:30 am and went straight to my mom's room.

As usual, she is there reading the holy book. We greeted her and discussed see stuff.

And that was how I spent the day at the house.

..........................................................
That's Chapter 11 lovelies.
Hope y'all are doing well.
Please Vote, comment and share.
Also, tell me how you feel about this new development of theirs?
Is it too soon or is it perfect for now?
Thanks for reading.
Love you ❤️❤️❤️