Chapter 34

Abubakar's POV
I have been here for God knows how long and I am tired of it. I just want to go home to my wife.

Is that much to ask?

I hate my life right now.

I have been chained up here since I found myself in here. The only time I am freed is when I am going to eat. That too only one hand.

Also, recently they started to let me pray. Yes, they gave me a prayer mat and also keeps water for me to perform ablution.

I have not seen Hayat since the day he shot Mariya in front of me. I can still hear the gun shot.

Everytime I think of that incident, I pray for her. I pray she is in a better place.

He was a very cruel man, indeed. I hope he knows that his end is near. Only God knows how many people he has killed. But I pray he repents being dying.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that something is wrong with Madina and I am so bothered.

All the time I have been locked up here, the only thing I could think of was her safety and that of our unborn child.

Everytime I think of my unborn child, it makes me smile. I guess it's the only thing that keeps me sane right now.

I wonder who it will look like. Madina or me? I also wonder what gender it is going to be.

I just hope I get out of here before she gives birth to our child. I want to be there throughout the whole process. I want to be my wife's support system.

Now, I need to start planning how I will get out of here. I have to be very careful because they have CCTV cameras all over the place.

For me to escape, I will have to get the help of at least one of his men but guess what; they are all as loyal as dogs.

I don't want to get my hands dirty if not I could kill the man guarding me and find my way out.

I am sick and tired of this place. It looks like a prison though. Sometimes in the night, I hear screams of different people. I hope this doesn't make me have PTSD.
As I was sitting down, I heard gunshots and people running.

'what is happening?' I thought.

"Go in there and get him. I know for sure they are here for them." I heard a voice yell out.

" Okay, but boss is no where to be found." Another voice said.

" What do you mean boss is no where to be found?" The first voice asked.

" He went out with the other men to fight the police and they where all killed except one who came back running, but he said boss was not among those killed." the other voice explained.

" So you mean to say boss is missing?". The first voice asked.

" Yes!"

" What are we doing here then? Let's get out of here before the police get us." the first voice yelled.

And with that I heard them running off.

The police are here?

Thank God. Alhamdullilah.

After some minutes, I heard foot steps and voices coming towards where I was.

In no time, the door was broken down and the police entered and unchained me from the wall.

Every thing happened so fast and was unbelievable. I didn't even notice I was out of the place. The only thing in my mind was my family, my wife and child. I hope they are okay.

The inspector of police tried to talk to me but I wasn't in the right state of mind. I told him I wanted to go see my family and he nodded before they all entered the cars and we left there.

I wonder what happened to Hayat.

I noticed the followed a different route from the one that leads to my house and I was kind of confused so I asked why. The answer I got terrified me and all I was thinking was the safety of my wife.

" Sir, your family members are all in the hospital. They don't even know we went to rescue you. That is because we don't want the goons to be notified in case they have spies in your house."

" Why are they in the hospital?" I asked

" I can't say why sir. I think you'll have to wait till you get to the hospital to know that."

" Thank you for saving me." I told them.

" Don't mention sir. It my Job." The inspector answered with a smile.

We reached the hospital and they led me to where my family members are. I noticed every body is present except my wife which got me worried.

" Huh, Abubakar, is this you? Oh Allah, Alhamdullilah. Thank you for bringing my boy back to us." My mom hugged me, immediately she saw me.

I hugged her back and greeted all other family members.

" Where is Madina?" I asked her mom

" We are sorry for not taking good care of your family. I am so sorry you lost your child, Abubakar. I want you to take heart and be strong because Madina is not in her right state of mind right now. She needs your support." She said sobbing.

I just stood there not knowing what to do.

"The doctor has sedated her and asked us not to go in. Go get your injuries treated and change." My mom said also crying.

Her brother came up to me and told me to come with him. We left the hospital and went home but the only thing in my mind is;

I KILLED MY CHILD.

It was my fault. If only I didn't get kidnapped. If only I escaped I wouldn't have lost my child.

******************
Hello my loves,
How y'all doing?
Thank you for 5k reads.
Please Vote, Comment and Share.
And you can follow me on Instagram @novelsbyalbau
I love you ❤️❤️❤️