Chapter 29

Abubakar's POV

The past few weeks have been very stressful and frustrating.

After that text message, I have gotten another one every week. I had my best Tech team to track the contact but there was still no success.

Even though it is disturbing, I have to pretend as if nothing is wrong because the people around me might notice and ask questions, which I do not like.

Right now, the news I got from Madina is... I don't know what to say unexpected?

I know what I asked a while ago was silly but don't blame me. I mean I am so excited for this but I didn't think I will be a father soon.

I can't explain what I feel exactly because I feel happy, elated, surprised and the list goes on and on.

My train of thoughts was cut off when I heard Madina screamed out a question at me.

" What do you mean by ' how '?"

"Wifey, don't get me wrong it's just that I didn't expect that to happen soon." I said trying to explain to her, but I guess I used the wrong words.

" Well it happened soon. Is it bad? Wait a minute lemme ask you a question!" She said and I gulped because I know I am in trouble.

" Do you by any chance not want this baby? Because if you don't then I am leaving right now with my divorce papers-" I cut her off before she finished.

" What? No that's not going to happen because I love this child. Why will you even think like that?"

Is she insane or something?

"Well it's not my fault that I asked the question. It's yours because of the way you were looking at me and also your facial expressions" She said clearly annoyed.

Where is my understanding wife?

"Okay, okay I am sorry but I need you to know that this child is mine. Ours, it's our child okay? There is no way I am going to hate it. I didn't mean to ask you those questions or to have that facial expressions. It's just unbelievable. It's unexpected and that is what makes it amazing." I told her softly to clear out all the misunderstanding that is up there in her head.

I guess she understood because she nodded her head vigorously.

"Okay baby, let's go to sleep. You need to rest and oh that explains why you didn't cook for me today. Wait, have you eaten dinner?" I asked her immediately to which she nodded.

" Okay mama, let's sleep!" I said as I rubbed her tummy and pulled her closer to me.

I guess she's tired because she only nodded and faintly smiled at me before falling in to a deep slumber.
.
.
Some hours later
I have been trying to get some sleep but I couldn't. I can't keep pretending everything is fine when clearly nothing is fine. My wife is now pregnant with our child. My own blood.

And I have these threats coming at me by someone unknown. It is definitely terrifying.

I stood up from the bed and went straight to the bathroom to perform ablution and prayed after that asking Allah for guidance.

🦋🦋🦋
In an underground building

"Boss," A man in a blue t-shirt and black jeans said to a man sitting on a seat that looks like a throne.

"Yes, any information?" The boss asked.

"Yes sir. We just got an information that She  is pregnant." He said and the man sitting shot up raging.

" Prepare an army, we are going to that house!" He yelled.

..........................................