Chapter 13

Madina's POV

My mind has been disoriented since morning. I mean he kissed me, on the lips. Why will he do that.

I know he's my husband but we aren't close, plus I don't love him and I'm sure he doesn't.

I decided to keep that aside and focus on talking with my mom which I did.

Since we arrived at my parent's house, Aisha has been talking about her uncle Abubakar. Her parents called and still she kept talking about him. Now I think I'm jealous.

I mean she know me before him. I am supposed to be her favorite.

After spending some time there, I decided we go back home so I can cook lunch for Abubakar.

I know how he enjoys my food because he always compliment my food.

We arrived at home and cleaned up a bit before I decided to cook. I decided to cook some rice and stew with coleslaw.

I was cooking lunch when I heard footsteps which startled me. Nobody except me and Abubakar have keys to the house and I made sure to lock the door, so who is it.

I heard Aisha squealing then followed by Abubakar's voice.

Immediately I turned, I saw him smiling brightly at me and believe me, he looks perfect smiling.

What is wrong with me?

"Hey wifey" he said smiling and I looked everywhere but at him.

"Hi" I said blushing.

"What are you guys cooking for us?" He asked staring at me, which surprisingly didn't make me feel as uncomfortable as I thought it will.

"Rice and stew with fresh Apple juice." I said as I turned to check my soup.

"Ohh, that's sound delicious." He said

"Alright baby, why don't you wait for me here with your beautiful aunty, while I go fresh up." He continued.

Okay this man is turning into something else. I think somebody switch him with another person.

"Okay" She sat on the kitchen island waiting for him.

I handed my phone to her so she can play games.

I finished cooking after about thirty minutes or so.

As I was setting the table, Abubakar came downstairs and took a seat next to Aisha.

I sat down across them and started serving us. We eat peacefully with Aisha and Abubakar chatting like always.

After eating, Abubakar suggested we watch a movie which we did after praying Zuhr  prayers.

We watch the movie till 4pm. We prayed Asr prayers and I proceeded to cook dinner which Abubakar offered to help.

He's been acting very weird. If he isn't talking to me sweetly, then he's teasing me. If not then he's staring at me or complimenting me at the slightest chance he gets.

And believe me it's kinda creepy.

Now, we are in the kitchen and I'm literally shock he can cook and even chop veggies like a pro. He helped me cooked while chatting with me and Aisha.

We looked like a happy family. But the question is

Will we ever have a happy family?

After cooking, we ate the food and went out for ice cream. After that we toured around the city and came back home at around 10 pm.

Aisha was already asleep so Abubakar carried her inside to our room and I changed her clothes.

I took my shower after that and as usual I cried but this time, I didn't cry only because of Malik's betrayal but also because I know this marriage might not work out and I will be a divorced woman.

Although Abubakar has been patient but for how long will he continue being patient?

He will eventually get tired and leave me. If he doesn't divorce me, he will marry another woman and abandon me.

I know it is bound to happen. Why?

Because I can't love anyone ever again. I no longer believe in love and other romantic stuffs.

And I don't wanna give this marriage a chance.

I know this very well.

I came out of the bathroom at the same time he was entering the bed room looking fresh. He usually does this. He showers in another room when I am in the bathroom.

I went straight to bed muttering 'good night'. Immediately my head hit the pillow, I dozed off to Dreamland.

Abubakar's POV

I can see that she's somehow surprised by my actions today and I am very happy that she's seeing, my actions towards her. And mean it.

I started at her as she slept peacefully. I leaned down and dropped a lingering kiss on her forehead, then on Aisha's.

I dimmed the room lights and went into a dreamless sleep with the intention of telling her what is in my heart tomorrow.

I hope she accepts it and help make this marriage works.

Who knows, we might be parents by next year.

....................................................................
Hey lovelies!
That's it for chapter 13.
What do you think our lover boy want to tell his wifey?
Don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE.
I love you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️