Chapter 22

Madina's POV

Abubakar's behavior in the morning was very surprising but what is more surprising is the butterflies in my tummies. I have been blushing since morning because of the kiss. Okay okay it merely a kiss, but more like a peck but still.

Our dear Mariya has been glaring at me since I left my room to cook in the kitchen.

Now, I'm in the kitchen cooking lunch for him. And I'm so embarassed that I don't know his favorite dish.

I was cooking when Mariya entered the kitchen and went straight to the pot rice is in. She opened the pot and fetch the food. I didn't say anything because I have been in a good mood since morning and I don't want to ruin it.

For all I care she can finish the whole pot of rice, all I might need do is to cook another one right?

She left the kitchen with the plate and came back few minutes later with the food untouched. She went straight to the waste bin and threw the food there.

"How can one call this food. This is literally poison. Too much salt and pepper." She mocked.

I wasn't in a mood to retort so I kept mute. She looked for a stool and sat there in the kitchen scrolling through her phone.

After cooking, I dished out the food in a food flask and took it to the dining room. Then, I went straight to my bedroom to shower and get dressed.

I got dressed in a white long sleeve dress which is ankle length. I just wore my slippers and earrings.
I went out of my room to check if he is back.

Going out of the room, I saw him smiling brightly at me.

"Hey wifey. You look beautiful." He complimented me and kisses me on my forehead.

"Thanks and welcome home." I said back blushing furiously.

"Okay let's go and eat I can't wait to taste your food." He said.

"Okay." I said and led the way.

He went to the dinning room and sat down. I took a plate and served him food.

He ate not forgetting to compliment me like he always does and went to freshen up while I clear the table.

I was clearing the table when Mariya came and sat on a chair.

"Do you know you are a fool?" She asked me and I didn't even glance at her for a second.

Seeing that she got no reply, she stood up and left. She won't get what she wants from me. I won't give her what she wants. Never.

I don't have time to argue with her.

🦋🦋
Abubakar's POV

I have finally apologized to Madina and I have never felt this good. I felt like a burden was taken off me.

Mariya has been moody since I came back from work and I tried to know what was wrong but she's giving me silent treatment.

I know she's angry about this morning but there's nothing I can do. First of all, Madina is also my wife and she(Mariya) does not wake up for fajr prayer at the right time, it's not like I will delay my prayer because of her. So I decided to go pray with Madina and also use it as a chance to ask for forgiveness.

When she said she has forgiven me, I felt elated. I felt happy. If even after all I have done to her she still has it in her heart to forgive me then she surely have a big heart. She is truly a wonderful woman.

My love for her just intensified after that moment and it keeps intensifying every time I see her or hear her voice.

After lunch which was delicious, I took a short nap and later went out to meet buddy, Ismail. Ismail is my long lost, best friend since childhood and has just came back from the states to stay here in Nigeria permanently.

I was surprised when he called me though because he left Nigeria since we were 10 that's like 22 years ago. Oh we have grown old.

We met and talked about life and some other things.

"So you mean to say, you have two wives huh?" He asked shocked.

"Yeap" I said popping the 'p'.

"Bro, are you insane or what? Just because she said she doesn't like you, doesn't mean you should do that. You should have coaxed her." He said.

What he said was true. I should have try to make her love me but guess who is a great fool. Me!

"I know bro, now I understand that. I was blinded by my anger but I am trying to correct my mistakes now." I told him.

"You better. Now when do I get to visit my sisters?" He asked.

"Soon bro, soon." I said.

After that, we talked about other random things before we decided to call it a day.

********************
Salam My lovelies,
Jumma'at Mubarak.
How y'all doing?
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Also share with your friends.
Thank you for reading ❤️.
I love you ❤️❤️❤️