Chapter 17

Madina's POV

We kept quiet and I was just praying that this drive ends soon.

"Your things have been moved downstairs to the guest room suite. So you don't have to go upstairs to pack them." He said pulling me out of my thoughts.

To say I'm shocked is an understatement. He moved my things from the master suite?

But why?

I don't even want to know the reason because I know I won't be happy to know it.

We arrived and I left the car and went straight to the bedroom. Like he said everything is there.

I prayed and laid down on my bed. I'm already missing my mom. I wish to sleep in her arms tonight.

I pray I don't come across that bimbo in this house. I hope she minds her business just like how I intend to mind mine.

Well let's see what tomorrow brings.

With that in my mind, I dozed off.

I woke up at 4:50 am as usual and went straight to the bathroom to perform ablution. I came out and went to the wardrobe to take my hijab. I spread the praying mat and prayed after hearing the Azan.

I recited Qur'an and went back to sleep. Today is Saturday meaning more sleep.

I slept till 10 am. After taking my shower and doing my morning business, I went to the kitchen to cook.

When I entered the kitchen, Abubakar was there helping Mariya cook. So as not to disturb them, I silently went to the fridge and carried a container of fruit salad.

As I turned to leave, Mariya stopped me.

" Madina, this container you're holding is mine and I will eat it later after eating lunch." She said.

"Ohh I didn't know and there's another one inside the fridge you can eat that. I am just so hungry." I said.

" The other one is for my husband" she said smiling fakely.

"Okay then" I said and kept it back.

I went to the counter where the toaster is, and took bread to toast it. I then proceeded to make scrambled eggs. I made coffee, and arranged my plate and mug on a tray.

Abubakar's and my eyes met a couple of times and he will just ignore and continue what he is doing.

I didn't expect him to talk to me so I was surprised.

So I can't even eat what I feel like eating in this house. Okay!

I went to the dining room and ate there. After eating, I went back to the kitchen to keep my plates.

As I was passing near the kettle to leave the kitchen, Mariya pushed the kettle and the hot water poured on my right foot.

"Ahhhhhhghhh" I screamed.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry" she said

"Can't you see, Madina? Are you doing all this to get my attention?" Abubakar asked

Seriously, even she said sorry. Can't he tell it's clearly not my fault. My problem right now is to get rid of the pain not him.

I don't care about his attention at all. For all I care, he can feed the attention to some street dogs or rather his wife.

Thank goodness the water isn't that hot, if not I am sure it would have been more serious than it is.

I didn't say anything to him, I just left the kitchen and went straight to my room.All I want to do is get to the hospital before it leaves a big scar there.

I took my car keys and went straight to the hospital. I don't care if he didn't permit.

I arrived at the nearest hospital I could find and went in to the Accident and Emergency (A&E) unit.

The nurse on duty attended to me and wrote down some medications for me to use so as not to have a scar at the site of the injury.

I went to the pharmacy and got the medication, then went back to my car to return home when I heard my phone ringing.

It was Abubakar calling.

"Where the hell are you? Come back home this minute." I heard immediately I picked up.

Before I could reply back, he hung up.

What is wrong with him?

This man needs serious prayers. He has become so arrogant. And that annoys me a lot. I can't stand arrogant people.

I know one thing for sure though. I just need to exercise patience and everything shall pass.

I ignited my car back to life and drove back home while listening to the radio.