Chapter 18

Madina's POV

I seriously don't know what is wrong with this man. Just because I refused to give him a chance, he got all worked up and got married.

I kept quiet and didn't act like a crazy woman and now that he's married, he and his wife won't let me rest. Like seriously.

I went back home after the call and he's here asking me why I left without informing him.

"I'm asking you Madina." He roared

"Can you please stop shouting at me? For God's sake everything has been about me not being the good wife. Have you sat down for a minute and think of your own faults?" I asked getting angry.

He can't be shouting at me like his child. Like who does that?

"Ohh, so now it's my fault that I got married. You forgot what you told me that day? You said you don't do love and I need love. I need a woman who love me, not some woman who claims to be heartbroken and can't move on." He retorted.

"You can't be serious. You think I can't move on? Well if that what you think then it's not true." I said back, knowing very well it is the truth.

"You can think how ever you like but that's the truth. And lemme tell you something, if you go out of this house without my permission, you will see my worst. Except for work." He said sternly and left the room.

What is wrong with him? I know what he said is true, till this day I'm not over my ex and I don't know when I will be over him. He meant so much to me and I loved him with all my heart. I trusted him but he broke my heart.

And now, I'm afraid to love again. I don't want to be left broken. Now Abubakar is showing me his real color. Maybe I made the right decision. And for all I care, he can add two other wives. He can do anything he likes.

Right, but why does it hurt when he treats me this way? Is it possible that I have fallen for him?

No, that can't be possible. I can't fall for him in such a short period of time. Shhhh this guy is really infuriating me.

But then why don't I do see self care to make my mind be at peace.

I then proceeded to wash my hair and take my bath. After that I styled my hair and did my skin care routine.

The rest of the day was peaceful as Abubakar and Mariya went out to God knows where.

After I ate my dinner, I prayed and got ready to go to sleep. I have to go to work and check the new store tomorrow. Ohh it's gonna be a long day.

Before I knew it, I have dozed off.

I pray I don't see those two tomorrow.

Next morning
I woke at 4:50 am at usual. I went straight to the bathroom to perform ablution. I came out and prayed fajr prayers.

I decided to listen to Qur'an today rather than read it. At 6 am, I went to the kitchen and made my breakfast and ate it, after which I took my shower.

After I have taken my shower, I decided to wear my black and red Abaya with golden flats and hand bag. I took my car keys and left the room.

I entered my car and decided to check the time. Surprisingly it's 8 am. Like how many minutes did I waste in there. I drove out of the compound and made my way to my brand's head office.

I reached after 30 minutes and went inside. I took the elevator to the 5th floor where the office is. I went straight to my office and sat behind the table.

My assistant Yumnah came in and we had a discussion about the products and how we are selling, and I was happy with the results.

I stayed in the office till 12 noon and decided to go for lunch. I went to my favorite restaurant. I sat at the table near the window and a waiter came.

"Good afternoon ma'am, what will like to have?" He asked me.

"I will like to have fried rice and pepper chicken breast, and any soft drink." I told the waiter.

A few minutes later, the waiter came back with my order and I started eating.

"Madina." I heard a familiar voice call out.

"Malik" I said, and let out a force smile.

"How are you?" He asked taking a seat in front of me.

"I'm fine." I replied not wanting to continue talking to him.

"Madina, I am sorry for what I did to you. I didn't have a way out and I had....."

Before Malik could say anything further, I heard another family voice roar out my name.

"Abubakar"

Ya Allah.

********************
It's Friday again, meaning new chapters.
Two chapters as promised.
Have a lovely weekend and Jumma'at Mubarak.
Pls Vote and Share.
Also, tell me what you think about the book.
Love you ❤️
Thank you for reading.