Chapter 20

Madina's POV
It has been a week now since the day Abubakar saw me together with Malik. He went and picked me up from my parent's house, and brought me back.

He complained about me being childish because I went to my parent's house after something so little.

Well it is not little to me. He doesn't trust me and I can clearly see that. I haven't seen him since then because I have been avoiding him.

I don't want to have anything to do with him. This man is going to be the death of me.

Mariya has been a bug to me. She's too annoying and she tries to make me angry. I have been controlling my anger pretty well but I'm not sure about that now.

I left my room to cook dinner for myself since the maids cook for Mariya and Abubakar. I entered the kitchen and nobody was there.

I started cooking when Jamila, one of the maids came to cook for Mariya. I was trying to blend pepper when Mariya entered.

She started spouting nonsense about me cooking when the maid is cooking for her and I have heard enough.

"What is your problem with me?" I asked feeling annoyed.

"What? You can't cook in my kitchen when the maids are cooking for me." She said with authority.

"How am I connected to that? This is also my kitchen missy!". I said back.

"How are you connected to that? Well let me tell you. You see the thing is you are not neat at all and like to mess things up. I can't let you close to my food because you will make it unhealthy plus who knows, you might kill me." She said

Before I could respond to that, a loud angry voice roared through the kitchen. It was Abubakar's voice.

"Mariya, watch your mouth. Don't ever say that to any one ever. This house is mine and everyone has the right to cook in the kitchen at any time. You get that?" Abubakar said sternly.

She nodded her head and left stomping her feet. Okay now how old is she?.

"Can you cook up please something for me I'm famished." Abubakar's voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah" I said and went to continue cooking.

Well, what just happened? Is that the Abubakar I know.

Honestly, I didn't except him to stand up for me. I thought he will yell at me but he didn't. Instead, he showed Mariya we are both his wives. What he did warmed my heart a little.

I decided to cook rice and stew, yes I know I cook that a lot. But don't blame me I just happen to love it.

I finished cooking after a while and called him to eat. We ate in silence and went to our respective rooms.

He didn't even thanked me or compliment the food like he always does. But who cares because this woman here literally don't care.

I went straight to the bathroom to take my shower and changed into comfortable pyjamas. I went to bed and dozed off.

🌟🌟🌟
Abubakar's POV

I don't know what is wrong with Mariya these days and I'm getting annoyed. I'm used to being cared for by my wife.

Madina cooks for me, arranged my clothes, prays with me and a lot more. But Mariya doesn't do all that and I'm used to it now.

That's not even the main problem. She kept making calls at night. Sometimes till morning. I am beginning to regret getting another wife.

Even though Madina doesn't love me, she respect me but Mariya doesn't. We fight a lot. She's not the Mariya I knew, she's change and not in a good way.

I have been feeling guilty because of how I treated Madina since she said she doesn't love me. Me getting married to my ex, sending her back home and not trusting her.

All I want to do is ask for forgiveness but the question now is:

Is she going to forgive me?

I have messed up completely and now I know.

*******************************
Hey lovelies,
I know this chapter is short but please manage it for now. I will post a new chapter tomorrow or next tomorrow.
Finally Abubakar have realized his mistake.
Show me lots of love by Voting, sharing and lots of comment.
I love you ❤️ and Jumma'at Mubarak.