Chapter 21

Madina's POV
I woke up at 4:50 am as usual and went to the bathroom to perform ablution. I don't know how, but it have become a part of me. I wake up by 4:50 am everyday.

I came out and spread my praying mat when I heard a knock.

Who would that be by this time of the day.

"Come in" I said and the person I least expected entered.

"I came to pray with you." He said and came towards me.

I was shocked that I didn't even move or changed my posture. it was after a while that something in my brain told me I was supposed to answer him.

"Okay." I said and spread another praying mat.

He led the prayer and after praying we read Qur'an as usual. I was smiling like a fool since we were praying. I missed this. I missed praying with him.

I can't believe I said that!

"Madina, I am here to apologize to you for treating you badly. I let my anger blind me and I forgot that you are my wife, my responsibility. I was supposed to make you safe but instead, I made you feel like you are in hell in your own house. I am sorry for preferring Mariya on you even when you are also my wife. I regret everything I have done to you so far. I'm sorry for all the wrong things I've done to you. From ignoring you, to insulting you, sending you back to your parent's house to not trusting you. I'm sorry and from now on I will treat you and Mariya equally with no partially." He said immediately after we finished recited Qur'an.

I didn't expect that but to not make this situation awkward I reply him almost immediately after he finished talking.

"You don't have to apologize. I was also wrong. That day after your confession, I said some hurtful words to you. I'm also sorry and I've forgiven you. We are both human beings and are bound to make mistakes." I said

"Thanks for forgiving me, Wifey. It means a lot." He said making me blush.

Damn this endearment.

"You are welcome. I'm going to cook breakfast, what do you want to eat?" I asked him.

"Anything as long as you are the one who cooks it. Let me go and get ready for work." He said and left the room.

I immediately went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for us - me and Abubakar- to eat. I made some traditional Nigeria breakfast - Akara and pap- which I hope he will like it.

He came to the dinning room as I was setting the table and sat down.

"Wow, it's as if you can read my mind. Just what I am craving for." He said smiling.

"Really? Well then let me serve you." I said and served him.

I could feel his gaze on me and it's kinda having effects on me.

"Okay. Now eat." I said and sat down to eat mine.

"Delicious. This is delicious. The best I've ever had." He said immediately he took the first bite.

"Thank you. But mind you, I will tell Hajiya that you said her food is not the best you have had ever." I said teasingly

"No, I am the one to thank you not the other way round. You cook for me and it is very delicious. Also, you both have hands that are blessed. I think I have to visit my in-laws to thank them especially mom." He said to which I smiled.

"And why is that?" I asked him feigning confusion.

"Well, that is because they raised a beautiful woman who is a 2000 yards wife material. I mean you know how to cook, you are neat, you are religious and you have good manners. What else did I missed?" He asked making a thinking face.

"Shut up and eat," I said blushing furiously.

"Okay, your highness." He saluted and went back to eating leaving me to blush.

This man will be the end of me. But does this mean I am falling for him?

We ate in silence from then. He finished eating and assisted me to clear the table, even after I insisted he sit down.

After that, I took his bag to escort him to his car since he's leaving for work. We went outside and I kept the bag in his car.

"Okay wifey, are you going to work today?" He asked.

"No, I will stay at home through out today." I answered.

"Okay, I will come home by 1pm. So we can pray Zuhr prayers together and can you please cook for me?" He asked looking all cute and I couldn't resist .

"Yes. What do you want to eat?"

"Anything will do wifey." He said and kissed me on the cheeks.

"Bye. I will miss you and I love you." He said and entered his car and drove away.

I stood there rooted in my place and  staring at the direction he drove off.

This guy is making me crazy.

This was the Abubakar I knew, not the one that I have been seeing some weeks back.

I wonder where that bimbo is. Well she's not my business.

I went back into the house and proceeded to go into my room.

I need to shower and then arranged my wardrobe it's kinda messy for me.

With that in mind, I got to work.

I hope I finished this before 11 am so I can cook and rest before Abubakar gets home.

******************************
Hey my lovelies,
How y'all doing?
Here is the chapter I promised to publish during the weekend.
Hope you enjoy it.
Don't forget to vote, share and tell me what you think about this new development.
Love you ❤️❤️❤️.