Chapter 31

Abubakar's POV
I woke up to a dark and silent room with no windows. It has only one door which I can see because of the light surrounding it.

My head was pounding and it was almost like I can't feel my body. I feel lazy and sick.

I tried to move but then I was stuck. I was chained to the wall.

What am I doing here?

It was then that all the memories came back to me. I just hope that Madina is fine and with our families.

I can't believe that man kidnapped me.

Just then, a huge man came in and switch on the light. My eyes hurts because of the light but slowly stopped.

I recognized him as the leader.

"I see you are now conscious" He said with a smirk on his face. How I wish to wipe it off his face.

"For how long have I been out?" I asked him angrily.

"Well for two days. And don't you dare use that tone on me ever again." He said with a mocking chuckle.

"What do you want from me?" I asked him angrily again.

"What did I say about using that tone on me huh?" He said with a growl.

"I asked you a question!" I yelled out  at him.

I don't care if he is dangerous. All I wanted was to know his problem and what he will gain by reporting me.

"Well, don't blame me for what I am about to do" He said looking angry.

Immediately he said those words, he left the room. Few seconds later, he came back with a long stick made of iron. It looked like a pipe. it is a pipe.

He then came towards me and start to beat me mercilessly. I couldn't do anything since my hands were chained to the wall. I didn't know how many times he repeatedly hit me on my abdomen.

I almost passed and I had to bite my tongue because I was really in pain.

After hitting me to his satisfaction, he answered my question.

He threw the pipe away and came closer to me. He raised my head by pulling back my hair before literally screamed his answer to my face.

"I hope that teaches you a lesson. Nobody defies me because I am the one and only Hayat Sani. And to answer your question, what I want is your wife.

You see, your wife Madina is a very beautiful woman. I  love her a lot. More than you can ever imagine Abubakar. After gathering my courage, I confessed my feelings to her. But do you know what she did?" He said and kept quiet for a while as if it pains him to say the rest.

"She rejected my love saying she has a fiance. And that, I couldn't bare. So I held her fiance's family captive and threatened him. I said I will kill them if he doesn't back out of the wedding. And the fucker did what I asked because he loves his family so much." He said and laughed evilly.

"I thought I will finally have my chance with her but no that didn't happen, why? Because you agreed to marry her. So who's fault is it that I couldn't have the love of my life?"

"It is all your fault that I couldn't have my Madina! If only you refused. I would have been with her and it would be my child she is carrying not yours. But it isn't like that because of you." He completed rage filling his eyes.

Okay now how on earth does he know she is pregnant?

"How did you-" I couldn't complete that because he cut me off.

"How did I know she is pregnant? Very funny, man. I thought you are intelligent but I guess I am wrong. Well I have my spies in your house and there are many bugs in the house. Also your other wife Mariya helped me a lot" He said but what really caught my mind was the last statement.

Mariya helped him?

For how long has she been helping him? I mean she's supposed to be my wife. She's supposed to help me not snitch on me and her co-wife.

I was still in shock for a long time as I was trying to process everything. I can't believe this.

Ya Allah please help me out.