Chapter 27

10 weeks later

Madina's POV

I woke up at 5am this morning and have been feeling sick.

I still haven't talked to Abubakar about that night but he seemed okay now so I let it slide.

I have to get up. I struggled and took a shower after which I dressed in a casual dress and head tie. I am not going to work today. Perks of being the boss. Haha!

I left the room and went to the kitchen to see what I can make. I am seriously not feeling fine right now and ughhhhhh!

This headache is annoying.

I toasted two slices of bread and made a cup of coffee which I couldn't finish because of my condition. Sighing, I left there to go back to my room.

I know I should go see a doctor but I don't like hospitals at all so no I am not going there.

I miss my mom so much right now so I decided to go over to her place. I tried calling Abubakar but his phone was unreachable, so I decided to tell him I went to my parent's house later.

I changed into some thing more presentable but comfy and went out after getting my car key. I don't think I'm in a condition to drive so I asked the driver to drive me to my parent's house.

After about 30 minutes, We arrived there and I excited hopped into the house bumping into my brother.

"Ohhhh, look who's here people the Amarya herself. You completely forgot about us after your wedding. Good job sister!" He said while frowning his face and the last statement dripped with sarcasm.

" That's not the case, Yaya" I told him while looking everywhere but at him.

" Yeah yeah. Okay care to explain?" He asked slightly glaring at me.

" I will do that later because I am not feeling well." I said.

Immediately I said that her started checking for any abnormality on me, worry latching on his face.

" What is the problem? Are you sick? Have you seen the doctor? Do you feel pain any where? I can take you to the hospital if you want." He ranted concern clearly in his eyes.

"No you don't have to." I said quickly.

"Are you sure? Where's that husband of yours?" He asked

"Ohh he left for work." I said not looking at him.

My brothers don't know about most of our marital misunderstandings which I am thankful for. If not they wouldn't let me breathe. They don't even know that he has another wife now.

" He left for what? You know what just go to mama she will be happy seeing you." He said looking angry.

I hope he doesn't go to Abubakar's office.

I went inside the house and straight to my mom's room where I met her checking for something in her wardrobe.

"Mama!" I called out walking towards her.

"Madidi, how are you? I missed you so much." She said hugging me tightly to which I giggled.

"I miss you too" I said pulling out of the hug.

" Wait... you don't look good. Is it another misunderstanding?" She asked me worried.

" No I'm just not feeling good." I said

" Oh no! have you seen the doctor?" She asked

"Noooooooooooo" I dragged waiting for her to yell at me.

" You can't be serious. You know what we are going to see the doctor. Right now and I don't want any complain." she said firmly.

🦋🦋🦋
Right now, I am in the doctors office waiting for my result with my mom looking at me all smiley which I find creepy. Like why are you smiling old lady? Your daughter is ill.

After a while, the doctor checked her computer and looked up to me smiling.

"Well, we don't have to worry you know, it's no illness but rather a blessing." the doctor said all smiley.

What is wrong with these people.

"Congratulations Ma'am, you are two months pregnant." She said.

Okay what now. Pregnant? Me?

First of all how did that happen? I know it is a stupid question but we didn't plan for a child right now. I was even thinking of going for family planning.

Secondly, how is Abubakar going to take this news. I know he is a supportive husband and all that but come on, maybe he is not ready to be a dad yet.

I hope he does not make a big deal out of it because I didn't make the baby alone. And if someone is to make a big deal out of every thing it is me. Me and Me alone.

Why?

Because it's my uterus, my ovum and my body. Ohh also my hormones.

Okay maybe I am saying so much.

But I seriously hope he doesn't get all worked up about that.